Growing Local Language Content on Wikipedia (Project Tiger 2.0)/Support/Tanay barisha
- Wikipedia username
- Tanay barisha
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- Bengali Wikipedia: Mostly articles/lists, teplates and categories related to Language and Linguistics (lots of them to be created, and lots of maintenance needed in those that are already existing).
- Wikidata: Proudly been a small part of the ১০ লক্ষ বাংলা লেবেল (1 million Bengali labels campaign), Int'l Mother Language Day 2019 Editathon (where I worked on award information for Sahitya Akademi Award winners), and Indian Independence Day 2019 Datathon
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (
Internet and/or Chromebook)
I do have a decade old computer, which runs on electricity and a whole lot of Indian jugaad (and it includes, but is not limited to, slapping and cursing). And I don't get to spend that much time in front of it. Wanting to take a bigger part in this free knowledge movement, and not being able to do so as much I as I want to, feels like an itch that I can't scratch. With a Chromebook by my side I would be able to edit on the go (and while I spend my time on the couch after a day's hard work, when sitting on a chair feels nothing less than torture). To sum it up, I would be able to spend more time contributing to Wiki(m/p)edia. I am not comfortable with editing on a mobile as contributing on the Wiki projects needs a lot of searching and verifying data, which isn't an easy task to do on a mobile.
Do you have a working laptop? : No.
Had you received the support in the first iteration of Project Tiger? : No.
How will you use this in the next six months?
By adding more language related articles on Bengali Wikpedia (completing one language family at a time; currently doing Turkic family, which will be followed by Dravidian), create continent/country-wise language related templates, play a small part in achieving 15 lakh Bengali labels on Wikidata, and start working on Bengali Lexicographic Data on Wikidata. And hope to see the Chromebook being plastered with lots of stickers won from contests and -a-thons.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support Sumita Roy Dutta (talk) 19:28, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Bnwiki doesn't have many active wikipedian but he is an active user. Created some quality articles on bnwiki. This will help him to increase his contribution & bnwiki also get benefit from this. --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 20:44, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support per Aftab. Mahir256 (talk) 05:05, 13 September 2019 (UTC)