Help talk:Unified login/Archives/2013
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in 2013, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
User talk page
Should there be a note under perhaps "What is not changes" referring to the fact that users have separate talk pages for each site? 184.108.40.206 08:04, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
Outdated information on renaming procedures?
In the page FAQ section, there is this item:
- Can I be renamed after unification?
- Yes, but you have to request your account renaming on all wikis separately.
On the other hand, in the Single User Login finalisation announcement, the information appears contradicts this:
- It will then only be possible for accounts to be renamed globally; the RenameUser tool will no longer work on a local basis — since all accounts must be globally unique — therefore it will be withdrawn from bureaucrats' tool sets. Once this takes place, it will still be possible for users to ask for their account to be renamed further here on Meta, if they do not like their new user name.
Now, both statements may be true, since the announcement is about what will be true from August 2013, not what is true now. However, I think that the information about the new procedure should be added to the FAQ item. If nothing else, some users who see this information may decide to wait until August, in order to be able to make a request according to the new and considerably simpler procedure. I therefore propose a new formulation, like the following::
- Yes, but at present you have to request your account renaming on all wikis separately. From August, 2013, instead there will be a simpler procedure, where you make a request at Steward requests/Username changes for changing your global account name everywhere simultaneously.
Thank you so much!
I just want to thank the person who proposed this and worked so hard to implement it. It's a great idea and I have absolutely no trouble managing my different accounts on different wikis. What a wonderful idea it was! Thank you so much, Adolf! Leo711 (talk) 18:25, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- You will have to make separate rename requests on all projects where you have an account. --Stefan2 (talk) 10:20, 27 August 2013 (UTC)