Karavali Wikimedians/Meetups/Meetup at Sri Ramakrishna Pre-University College-2
Meeting of Karavali Wikimedians User Group at Mangaluru
Venue and date
Venue: Sri Ramakrishna P.U. College, Mangaluru
Date: June 24, 2017
Time: 16:00 - 17:30
The meetup deliberated and decided on these items-
- Plan activities to be conducted in next one year, listed below.
- Apply for Simple APG from WMF
- Send a request letter to Sri Ramakrishna Educational Institutions to provide a small office space to Karavali Wikimedians
- Karavali Wikimedians executive committee formation. President, Secretory and Treasurer names are already existing in Karavali Wikimedians.
- These people have been co-opted to join as executive members-
- Mr. Bennet Amanna
- Mr. Lokesh Kunchadka
- Ms. Vinodha Mamatha Rai
- Ms. Dhanalakshmi K. T.
- Mr. Bharathesh Alasandemajalu
Plans for 2017-18
These are the activities that are planned to conduct by Karavali Wikimedians in the year 2017-18.
- Editathons - One per month - Kannada and Tulu. Mostly 2 days on a weekend. We can think of theme based. One theme for every editathon.
- Outreach programs - We need to arrange outreach activities at other locations. These could be just presentations or workshops. About 6 such programs can be thought of.
- Photowalks - Coastal Karnataka has rich heritage. These have to be documented in Wikipedia. We can have photowalks at selected places to photograph and add articles to Wikipedias (Kannada, Tulu, Konkani, English,..). This activity could be going to the place, photographing will be a day’s activity. Writing articles will be another day’s activity. This activity also can be a GLAM activity.
- Offline Tulu Wikipedia to schools - Some schools teach Tulu in coastal Karnataka. Karavali Wikimedians will organise editathons (online/offline) to write articles related to the topics being taught in schools. We can create offline Wikipedia on a DVD or USB drive and distribute them to schools which teach Tulu.
- Printing Select articles from Tulu Wikipedia and distributing to schools.
- Scanning book covers - libraries at Mangaluru, Udupi, Ujire, etc have good collection of books in Kannada, Tulu, English, Konkani, etc. We can scan their cover pages and upload to Kannada, Tulu, Konkani and English Wikipedias.
- WEP workshop - WEP is being run at Christ Univ Bengaluru, St Aloysius Mangaluru, SDM Ujire and Alvas Moodabidre. Govindadas Surathkal, Canara College Mangaluru, Govt College Kasaragod have shown interest to start. Besents Mangaluru had 2 workshops on Konkani (not WEP). The workshop on WEP will have participants from those institutes where WEP is going on as well from those who are interested in starting. The colleges where WEP is going on will send faculty and students who will do presentations on their experiences and provide the statistics. Faculty from those colleges who want to start WEP will be just observers.
- Wikipedia associations in colleges - Mangaluru University awards 50 marks for student association activities. We can encourage colleges to start Wikipedia student associations in their college. Karavali Wikimedians will guide the interested faculty and students from those colleges in starting and running Wikipedia associations.
- Collaborating with Wikiwomen Mangaluru - Karavali Wikimedians will be working together with Wikiwomen Mangaluru and support with their activities.
- --Vishwanatha Badikana (talk) 10:36, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --Vinoda mamatharai (talk) 10:39, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 10:40, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --BENET G AMANNA (talk) 10:43, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 10:44, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --Preetham Kundar (talk) 10:47, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --ರವಿಮುಂ (talk) 10:49, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- ----Kishorekumarrai (talk) 10:56, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --Pavanaja (talk) 11:08, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 09:51, 26 June 2017 (UTC)