This is the Language Committee report for May 2011. This is the first edition of the monthly report. Robin proposed this at the first real-life meeting in Berlin. He volunteered to write such reports to increase transparency of the committee.
Most of these items can also be found in the LangCom meeting report sent to foundation-l.
- The committee held its first real-life meeting during the Hackathon in Berlin.
- Several members volunteer to take care of Proposals for closing projects. The Closing projects policy written by Robin is pending Board approval.
- If technically possible, wikis that do not exist (yet) will be redirected to the Wikimedia Incubator instead of showing a "Wiki does not exist" or "Server not found" error.
- To increase transparency, an observer position has been created on the LangCom mailing list. Anyone can request to become an observer and receive mails sent to langcom-l.
- We have discussed a lot of other things, such as macrolanguages and renaming projects.
- The Mingrelian Wikipedia has been approved after some time searching for an expert who was willing and able to verify its content. It is now passing Board approval and will be created within some time.
- A request for a Montenegrin Wikipedia has been rejected for the fourth time.