|For requesting users|
|Closing projects (voluntarily)|
The language committee sends out a monthly report since its first real-life meeting in May 2011, for increased transparency and communication. It is sent to the WikimediaAnnounce and Incubator mailing lists and it is available here as well.
The report includes all requests for new languages that have been discussed, rejected or approved during that month.
←previous report This is the language committee report for July and August 2013.
- Some discussion about the most-used messages (the interface translation requirement for the first project in a language).
- Tuvan Wikipedia has been created.
- Vietnamese Wikivoyage has been approved and created.
- Amharic Wikiquote and Uzbek Wikibooks were closed.
- Proposals to close Norwegian Wikinews and Xhosa Wikipedia were rejected.
- The requests for Taiwanese Hokkien Wikipedia and Cyrillic English Wikipedia were rejected.
- Discussion about Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Lurish.