- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is accepted and the proposed actions should be taken.
- Explanation by the closing Langcom member: This is a clear case of absence of content (many pages only contain one link or image or so) and total inactivity. Therefore, we the proposal to close and move to Incubator was accepted. --MF-W 00:21, 22 July 2013 (UTC) — closed per bugzilla:51788, imported to incubator:Wb/uz. --MF-W 23:02, 24 July 2013 (UTC)
- Type: 1 (routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: should be transferred to Wikimedia Incubator
- Notice on the project: see Sitenotice
- Informed Group(s): (Which chapters, wiki projects, and other community groups have been informed, if any.)
I propose to close the Uzbek Wikibooks. The previous request was closed due to the transition to the new closure policy. Nevertheless, the wiki is still almost completely devoid of content, containing only one real content page (b:uz:Jalpi Türk Tili) and one page which may or may not be a copyvio (b:uz:Shaytanat 1-juz). Therefore, I think this wiki should be closed. -- Liliana • 21:04, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support per reasons given above. The only content it has is better off on Wiktionary. Thank you. Božidar 07:41, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- Support It's extremely inactive, only has 2 pages + the main page. --IanPlaystationNerd (talk) 23:51, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support For all the comments and reasons above. Only 2 pages and never any edit is already a reason to close it. Coldbolt (talk) 12:04, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support 8 pages, but a lot of them may be illegitimate and possibly copyvios. --Rschen7754 10:44, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support It is devoid of content (see b:uz:Special:AllPages), and there is no community to speak of. In short, nothing useful is present on this wiki (except maybe for a single page), and nothing is happening to make it better. Content should be moved to Incubator so it can grow properly. This, that and the other (talk) 01:17, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
- Support There's almost nothing here. No good reason to keep it. TCN7JM 01:13, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
- Support per all above. LlamaAl (talk) 19:04, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- Object to closure. This wiki isn't causing any harm. Why deny Uzbek speakers an opportunity to contribute in the future? Even if the project fails to ever attract contributors, it's not draining resources or manpower. And if people become interested in the site, it will have to be reopened later anyway. It is simplest not to take any action at this time. Tempodivalse [talk] 02:51, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Comment. Note that after a wiki is closed and its content moved to the Incubator, a message to that fact, with a link to where users can read and add content, is provided on every page of the wiki. Therefore, Uzbek speakers could still contribute after the wiki is closed. - dcljr (talk) 07:26, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
- Fair enough. But is that really much better than leaving the wiki open? Sure, in the Incubator there is more protection against spam or vandalism; but as-is, it is still somewhat monitored by the stewards and SWMT. Tempodivalse [talk] 18:59, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- The fewer small, inactive wikis are open, the better SWMT will be able to do their job by focusing on the small wikis that are thriving with some activity. 188.8.131.52 00:09, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.