This is the language committee report for May and June 2012.
- There has been some discussion about the scripts for wikis in Talysh and Min Nan.
- 27 May: The closure of Volapük Wikibooks has been recommended to the Board of Trustees (closed per Bug 37413).
- 30 May: The chances of a Wikisource in Hmong have been discussed.
- 3 June: The idea of a Wikipedia in American Sign Writing as a labs wiki (because of technical restraints) has been presented.
- 22 June: Discussion about Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Prekmurian and the rejection of the ISO code request. The request continues to be on hold as the rejection reason offers the possibility that SIL reconsiders the request if more information is provided.
The approval of the following projects was discussed, but more activity or message translation work is required there:
- Mizo Wikipedia
- Limburgish Wikinews
- Assamese Wikisource