Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Prekmurian
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Prekmurian|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||(SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Prekmurian||Language name in English|
|Language name||prekmürščina||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q129431 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Links||prek or peu proposed ISO 639-3; prek ISO 639-6; slv-pre ISO 639-3; Digital Library of Language Relationships). The SIL International already discussed about the Prekmurian language: Change request documentation for: 2011-139 Doncsecztalk 10:02, 20 September 2011 (UTC))
The request for ISO code of Prekmurian is rejected. Doncsecztalk 18:04, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
|Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Speakers ca. 80,000
The prekmurian separate dialect of the Slovene language. Traditional language of the Prekmurje and the Hungarian Slovenes. Between the 16th century and 1919 was the educational language, István Küzmics translate the New Testament (Nouvi Zákon). The repertoire is 300 books, reviews and scores manuscripts (in Slovene wiki i was make up the lists of the prekmurian works: Lutheran works (1715-1944), Catholic works (1780-1951), profane prekmurian works (1820-1943), tidings and calendars (1875-1947), manuscripts.) In the wikipedia commons be on view the gallery of the prekmurian literary works: Prekmurian language. Marc L. Greenberg American linguist provide to the english sources of the prekmurian. This major writers create in our days in Prekmurian:
- Feri Lainšček: image, wiki article, want to in the internet image of his works, but in prekmurian wrote Mislice (2000), Srebrni brejg (1995), Pojep na dejdekovom z biciklini (2001)
- Milan Vincetič : wiki article (some slovene), his image, works in prekmurian: Srebrni brejg (1995 with Lainšček), Šift v idini (1999), Vujšlo mordje (2009)
- Milan Zrinski: want to wiki article, some image, but i read to his works in ours calendar
- ca. 10-15 writer produce to in prekmurian
The Porabje and Porabski koledar is ours tidings and calendar in Hungary, partway in Prekmurian (Raba March dialect), partway in Slovene (a taste of the Porabje) In this the page Sobotainfo welter to also talk in prekmurian.
There's a plan afoot issue the Grammar of the Prekmurian language from Ágoston Pável; exist to five printed dictionary: János Fliszár: Vogrszki-vendiski rêcsnik (Hungarian-Wends/Prekmurian Dictionary; Vilko Novak: Slovar stare knjižzne prekmurščine (Dictionary of the Old Prekmurian literary language); Dictionary of the Raba March Dialect from Ferenc Mukics; an Dictionary about the speech of Felsőszölnök; Franc Novak: Slovar beltinskega prekmurskega govora (Dictionary of the prekmurian speech in Beltinci); Design to the issue of two matter dictionarys: great dictionary of Fliszár and an dictionary of the Goričko speech.
- Extra: some prekmurian folk song: Gnes je edna lüšna nouč (Today is a jolly night); Bistra je Möra, Visiki je brejg (Fast the Mura, High the Mount/Hill); in this video Milan Zrinski speak in prekmurian (in Ravensko dialect)
Arguments in favour
- conditional support: if SIL accepts Prekmurian as a language, which means Prekmurian obtains its own ISO 639 code, I'll fully support this request. --OosWesThoesBes 15:29, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Possible support: I will support the project once Prekmurian gets a proper ISO 639-3 code. (By the way, the code should be peu (Prekmurian). ISO 639-3 only accepts 3-letter codes) Kanzler31 22:25, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- when ISO code is granted. —I-20the highway 02:02, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Support (for now, conditionally): Seems to have enough information in its native language to make the Wiki worth trying. Will fully support when ISO code is received. AGiorgio08 19:26, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- At the moment conditional support. After obtaining the proper ISO code from some international authority full support. Please let us now about the progress. Fagusius 15:31, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support Chabi 06:43, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Oppose No ISO 639-3 Code. --Kanzler31 03:26, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose I agree SIL that there's lack of evidences to identify differents between different Slovene dialects, and btw Prekmurian articles are still allowed on slwiki sl:Kategorija:Prekmurske tiskane knjige, makes slwiki probably a multi-languoid Wikimedia site. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 14:30, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
ISO 639-3 Code
We don't know when SIL will accept Prekmurian as a language. For now, we must discuss the issue. The code "prek" is invalid because ISO 639-3 does not accept 4 letter codes. From what I know "peu" (Prekmurian) is not taken, so that should be the proposed ISO 639-3 code. Kanzler31 22:47, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- I not disapprove this code. In the petition on SIL i was not propose code and also not in the wikia. But now i wrote tip peu. Doncsecztalk 11:21, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
- The SIL International at long last discussed about the Prekmurian! See: Change request documentation for: 2011-139 Doncsecztalk 10:02, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
As Wikimedia Incubator does not accept test wikis in invalid or created ISO 639-3 codes for languages that don't have one, a test wiki in Prekmurian is not possible. However, Incubator Plus accepts test projects in invented/proposed ISO 639-3 codes. Kanzler31 22:06, 29 August 2010 (UTC)