Learning patterns/Watchlist invites
Jump to navigation Jump to search
created on21 October, 2013
What problem does this solve?
Events need attendees, even if you have a group of newbies signed up you also need experienced editors. Many wikipedians will say on their userpage where they live, and you can find in europethey live o
What is the solution?
- This type of notice can be requested on the English-language Wikipedia via Wikipedia:Geonotice.
- Watchlist invites are seen by those active wikipedians in your target area who use watchlists.
- Use the right language. If you are going to invite people to an event make sure you have someone at the event who can speak their language.
- This is an invitation not a summons, make the message positive not negative.
- Report: Wikimedia Canada: inaugural board member in-person meeting