Movement Strategy/Leadership Development Plan
This initiative was one of the priorities (from the initiative cluster C) selected for global implementation during the Movement Strategy Transition events. It was also widely-prioritized by local communities and affiliates, especially emerging ones.
Content from the recommendation:
Create a systematic, globally-coordinated leadership development plan. This requires us to:
- Establish a process to understand and model leadership according to skills necessary in each context.
- Deploy tools or processes based on existing volunteer engagement that support communities in identifying potential leaders.
- Invite potential leaders from other social movements to diversify and enrich the Movement through sharing experiences.
- Provide training options (e.g. online, in-person) at local and regional levels to allow individuals to acquire leadership skills relevant to their communities.
- Create an outline of the roles and skills that contextually encourages self-governance and ensures subsidiarity to empower communities.
Below are some of the previous discussions around this initiative: