- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Tajik Wikibooks contains only 62 book modules (mostly with insignificant content), and is completely abandoned since its creation (no community, no new modules ...). I propose to close that project and transfer all its content to Incubator until a robust community is formed. Agusbou2015 (talk) 23:03, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- LangCom notes
- @Darafsh, Ibrahim, VASHGIRD, Шухрат Саъдиев, and Agusbou2015: For the four sysops of Tajik Wikipedia: would one of you please post a notice about this on your project's village pump or equivalent? Also: Can you tell me if the books of the first module belong in Wikisource instead? (Google translate: Барои чор sysops Википедиа тоҷик: мебуд, ҳеҷ як аз шумо, лутфан баъди огоҳинома дар бораи ин дар Насоси деҳа лоиҳаҳо ва ё муодили? Ҳамчунин: Оё шумо метавонед ба ман бигӯед, ки агар китобҳои якум дар вебсайти инҳо бошанд?)
- I don't know if either of those constitutes notice. I'd probably like to see the notifications in Russian, at least, if they aren't in Tajik. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:38, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
- For Agusbou: Please go to your talk page or mine and tell me why you are so eager to close projects. StevenJ81 (talk) 14:07, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Agusbou2015: Again, please go to your talk page or mine and tell me why you are so eager to close projects. Thank you. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:48, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
@StevenJ81 and Agusbou2015: Do not close the project Tajik Wikibooks. Although there are no participants willing to continue the project.
I will continue to write books for the project.--Шухрат Саъдиев (talk) 06:23, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
- Support The contributors already withdrawn their efforts, so that falls under an abandoned project, close is just a good way. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 08:45, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support I agree with closing/deleting this project, close is just a good way. Note:Account creation will be blocked after closing. (Period: indefinite) --Naomi2319 (talk) 17:27, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
Is there any distinct difference from the other proposals you made that were rejected? IIRC inactivity of a project isn't a reason to close it. Hiàn (talk) 23:18, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- For example, all the pages under this module seem works that deserve to be part of Wikisource, not Wikibooks. In addition, these pages seem poems, which also deserve to be part of Wikisource. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 02:09, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- Wikibooks' scope is intentionally quite broad, no? I understand your point with the first module but to be completely honest I don't see an issue with the second and third modules (they don't fit into Wikisource's scope either). Hiàn (talk) 16:13, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- It's not inactivity, look at these texts, seem to be short stories, not textbooks. And its few useful pages are incomplete modules with insignificant content since the wiki's creation. In addition, there is no community (because most of Tajik users are mostly aware of Wikipedia and Wiktionary and nobody is maintaining Tajik Wikibooks) and the forum contains only two messages (the first is a fundraising from 2010 and the second is my closure notification from 2018). Due to these reasons, I propose to close Tajik Wikibooks and transfer its useful content to Incubator. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 17:12, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- Let us start voting about the closure of Tajik Wikibooks. I have classified this proposal under "type 1" because Tajik is a standardized form (written in Cyrillic script) of a pluricentric language (Persian) with another name, according to Constitution of Tajikistan , which clearly states that official language of the country is Tajik language (not Persian language), unlike failed proposals for closure of Classical Chinese, Simple English and Old English Wikipedia and Wiktionary projects and successful proposals for closure of Moldovan Wikipedia and Wiktionary that have been classified under "type 2" proposals. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 19:13, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- Those who support the closure and transfering the wiki to Incubator should vote in the "Support" section. Those who oppose it and wanting to keep the wiki open should vote in the "Oppose" section. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 23:19, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- LangCom question
I'm seeing that there is content of the following three kinds here. Can anyone help me understand what modules come under each category?
- Classic Wikisource content: Content in Tajik that has been published previously and is no longer subject to copyright
- Classic Wikibooks content: Instructional and educational texts
- Other content: Short stories, poems, etc.
Thank you. StevenJ81 (talk) 11:02, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Шухрат Саъдиев: Can you answer my question here, by any chance? StevenJ81 (talk) 14:03, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
- @StevenJ81: Do not close the project Tajik Wikibooks. Although there are no participants willing to continue the project.
I will continue to write books for the project.--Шухрат Саъдиев (talk) 14:22, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Шухрат Саъдиев:, @StevenJ81: I will withdraw this closure proposal due to new module additions on the project. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 16:31, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Шухрат Саъдиев and Agusbou2015: Thank you. Before we close this down, can you specifically identify content that should be moved to Wikisource? StevenJ81 (talk) 16:34, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.