Wikimedia Deutschland e. V., the German Wikimedia Chapter, was one use case partner in the European Union-funded international research project RENDER. This project is concerned with the reflection and leverage of knowledge diversity in different settings and applications. We developed tools that enable Wikipedia editors to find, understand and cure biased and non-neutral articles. The official project has been finished in September 2013. We are going to maintain the tools and expand them according to the needs of the Wikipedia community. In case of any ideas or wishes, please get in touch with us.
- Overall Introduction - A short introduction to the EU funded research project RENDER
- Wikipedia Case Study - An introduction to Wikimedia Deutschlands goals and tasks within the RENDER project
- RENDER Toolkit for Knowledge Diversity in Wikipedia - contains a collection of tools developed during the RENDER project and will be improved and extended as development continues. As such it provides a central access point to current and future results, data sets, which are extracted or calculated and offers interested users and researchers a participation channel for testing, assessing and commenting on these tools.
- Supporting Tools for Wikipedia - An overview about the tools that will support Wikipedia users
- RENDER Bibliography - a collection of existing literature on recent research about Wikipedia article quality assessment and editors' behavior.
- WikiCon 2013 in Karlsruhe, Germany
Test the tools
More information about the Article Monitor and how to install it, you can find on the Article Monitor page. Find further information about the usage and the functionality on the Article List Generator page.
Source code is available:
- https://github.com/wmde/render-algbackend for the Article List Generator backend