Requests for comment/Conflict in Russian Wikibooks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a subpage; for more information, see the Requests for comments page.
In my opinion, they broke the rules:
- Уральская экспедиция Менделеева - is a full copy from Russian Wikipedia. Also, this page in Wikibooks was protected fully (editing only for admins). Now, this page is unprotected. The subpages of Уральская экспедиция Менделеева are copies of biographies from RuWP, some of which were deleted in RuWP.
- Also, Викиучебник:К удалению/Июнь 2021: I created list of articles: articles from WP/with format of WP/deleted in WP. Rule Викиучебник:Критерии быстрого удаления Уч4 - is that rule, which was violated. Also, Erokhin gave "recommendation" for topic ban and "block".
- And then, I got a warnings with time difference of 1 hour, got a topic ban and blocking (but I didn`t banned - I don`t know why) with time difference of 1-2 hour from last warnings (P.s.:I didn`t do anything this time)
- I also want to draw your attention to the contribution of this participants in RuWP
- About others participants (YarTim): blocking him for Ёfication and ВП:Тире Kylaix (talk) 08:59, 3 July 2021 (UTC)
- So, I, too, have encountered incomprehensible behavior. I was working on a Python article on the Russian Wikipedia together with two other editors, and several times the question arose that something from the article should be transferred to the Wikibooks. I've been looking at the Python tutorials on Wikibooks, and I'm planning to expand the Python tutorials on Wikibooks and Wikiversity after we get the article to good or featured status. In between edits to Wikipedias, I wanted to figure out the Wikibooks system and do something useful. I decided to go through the list of articles and nominate articles for deletion, fix - to — (this is required by typographical rules), and change the letters е to ё (these two letters of the Russian alphabet are often confused in typography) in names of books. And for this I was sent a warning and immediately blocked (and I was not really blocked as same as Kylax`s case).
- Evidence that I had evil intentions and acted destructively was cited:
- Message in which I complained about an conflict between two editors of a Python article on Wikipedia. I was NOT implying any destructive behavior toward Wikipedia or Wikibooks
- Renaming pages breaks article view statistics (why does it matter?)
- Actions in books cannot be done without consulting their authors (??????????)
- Note: I only agreed with the administrator's opinion in an attempt to avoid conflict (you know conflictology, right?) and get to write books. I still find the blocking absurd. --YarTim (talk) 17:23, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
- Other inappropriate actions: edits (1, 2) were classified as trolling and the editor was blocked. The administrator was later warned against this, unethical reaction followed, and when there was a threat to remove the flag through Meta, he simply erased the warning and the blocking message (and unblocked the editor) (1, 2). Hiding incorrect actions is unacceptable --YarTim (talk) 18:18, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
- This blocking, by the way, was in retaliation for these three actions (1 2 3). Леонид Макаров wrote "goodbye" on the talk pages of the two editors who announced they were leaving, and Niklem (he is the administrator of Russian Wikipedia) rolled back the edits and blocked Леонид Макаров. --YarTim (talk) 18:49, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
- Note that this page was also been trolled by somewhat an IP vandal. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 09:47, 11 September 2021 (UTC)