The following request for comments is closed. withdrawn
I'm .polishcatsmybeloved and I'm a rollbacker on Vietnamese Wikipedia. The reason I did this request is because that dude who got global-locked, User:Musée Annam, somehow managed to come back again and do more vanadalism. One of his sockpuppets admitted to me that he owns the Trieu Thuan Son account and other sockpuppets on 30th October 2022 (proof).
conver between me and Son Ngao 2 (TTS's sockpuppet, brief translation):
Me: By the way, [...], there is confirmation that you are Musée Annam.
SN2: Musée Annam ?
Me: Do you own an account called "C"?
SN2: I'm just his subaltern.
SN2: Yeah, I think Wikimedia staff can see my IPs.
- Attribution for this RfC
Trieu Thuan Son's behaviour
- Some other pseudonyms
Đăng Đàn Cung
Quick reminder that everything here is AFTER the Musee Annam lock.
Vandalism and harrasment
Most accounts under the vi:Thể loại:Tài khoản con rối của Trieu Thuan Son category vandalize.
He is pretty mad that sysops, autopartollers and other user because they keep reverting his edits, and therefore leading to:
Further investigation by the viwiki community has concluded:
- Trieu Thuan Son repeats his vandalism to the point where sysops would block multiple IPs, causing the inability for other wikipedians to contribute.
- He forms disputes with new users/IPs, causing them to rage -> puts more work onto anti-vandalizers
- There was a sudden increase in vandalism from June to August 2022, which is mainly caused by him.
- He also forms disputes with other users, leading Vietnamese Wikipedia to become less and less active
- He uses multiple VPNs (and/or going to places with public wifi) to continue vandalizing
- He says farewell to the community quite alot. And then a while later he continues vandalizing.
- He does this goofy little trick where he puts good edits in the middle of vandalizing edits
after like 15 years he declares that he surrenders because "he ran out of proxies".
These accounts and IPs have been taken from Ryder1992's lists of IPs and accounts.
Full list: vi:Thành viên:Ryder1992/Danh sách các TK và IP của rối Trieu Thuan Son
- The user demonstrates an ongoing pattern of cross-wiki abuse that is not merely vandalism or spam.
- Not vandalism: Yes
- Nor spam: Yes
- The user has been carefully informed about appropriate participation in the projects and has had fair opportunity to rectify any problems.
- Warnings from admins: alot?
- Time given to change: around 2 years since his global ban. he claimed that nobody gave him "kindness" (despite his harassment), which led to him continuing his vandalism.
- The user is indefinitely blocked or banned on two or more projects.
- See Requests for comment/Global ban for Musée Annam. The account Trieu Thuan Son is indef banned on Vietnamese Wikipedia according to community consensus.
- Required steps
- Confirm that the user satisfies all criteria for global bans: Confirmed
- File a new request for comment on Meta: Filed
- Inform the user about the discussion on all wikis where they are active:
- Inform the community on all wikis where the user has edited:
- Nominator requirements: All passed See my CentralAuth.
- have a Wikimedia account
- be registered for more than six months before making the request
- have at least 500 edits globally (on all Wikimedia wikis)
- Please create new h3 sections below this line.
- I'm Oppose-ing, given that there are still some problems yet to be resolved:
- Have you notified Trieu Thuan Son? Can you please point out a non-trivial number of global edits that are not merely vandalism nor spam?
- According to your statement, he was given around 2 years since his global ban. Which one? If there has already been a successful global ban request, why this one?
- "[T]here is confirmation that you are Musée Annam." Where is that confirmation? By whom? Are there any evidences? As someone who are relatively familiar with Musée Annam I dare say Son Ngao 2 is very unlikely to be him.
- NguoiDungKhongDinhDanh 16:58, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose Trieu Thuan Son is only suspected to be Musée Annam. Anyways, this ban proposal is unnecessary since Musée Annam is already community banned in Vi Wikipedia. Nguyentrongphu (talk) 18:34, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose Not a cross-wiki abuse. I agree with Nguyentrongphu and NguoiDungKhongDinhDanh. Vanhcontact me - talk on viwiki 04:56, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose per above. Nguyenhai314 (talk) 13:43, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
- Support He should be prohibited for personal attack and harassment. (see ) ☀DefenderTienMinh☽ (discussion) 14:37, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
Closed as Request withdrawn — billinghurst sDrewth 11:04, 9 November 2022 (UTC)
- Nominator requested that the page be deleted. This has conversation and should not be speedy deleted. Please use existing process to nominate for community deletion. — billinghurst sDrewth 11:04, 9 November 2022 (UTC)