Requests for new languages/Wikinews Finnish
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikinews Finnish)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
Finnish is the main language of Finland with about 6 million speakers. Finnish Wikipedia is very popular in Finland, and it has over 120,000 articles, ranked with that amount the 13. biggest Wikipedia.
We had a suggestion in here, but it didn't apparently pass (because of Incubator inactivity?), so I'm suggesting again to get own Finnish language Wikinews.
Arguments in favour
- Active test project. --OosWesThoesBes 06:58, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with text above, finnish Wikipedia shows that there might be lot of editors to WikiNews too. Activity of finnish Wikinews in Incubator is growing day by day. Many editors add actual present news to Wikipedia daily, and what is those relevance after couple of years, zero. Wikipedia is not right place to news, Wikinews is. Argus 15:45, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- And I agree with Argus. User AM. --Alexius Manfelt 21:42, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with Argus too (see above). --Str4nd 15:30, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- Finnish media use Finnish Wikipedia as a source, so there would be room for Finnish Wikinews, too. – Nysalor 16:03, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, yes. Incubator is now more active.--AtteL 19:09, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- And I agree with Argus too. --Roquai 21:12, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- as Argus. --Joonasl 12:12, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- as Argus. --Johney 17:13, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- Why not? There are not many users at the moment, but they seem to be very enthusiastic. Furthermore, there aren't many active Finnish Wikipedians who'd find this project through Incubator, and I'd imagine that proper Wikinews could spur a significant increase in usership. –Ejs-80 01:12, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- Argus said it. Kallerna 13:21, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- We definitely need this; Other Wikimedia projects have nice enough rate of participation in Finnish and I don't see any reason why Finnish Wikinews wouldn't fly. --wwwwolf (barks/growls) 14:28, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- This is an active project and news are written everyday.
—22.214.171.124 19:56, 18 November 2007 (UTC)—Iirolaiho 15:40, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- as Argus. --Junafani 18:23, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- This project is already fairly active; it's time to give other people a chance to contribute to it, too. --Agüeybaná (hábleme) 19:18, 20 November 2007 (UTC)