Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Dalmatian 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Dalmatian 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||dlm (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Dalmatian||Language name in English|
|Language name||Dalmata||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q35527 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikipédia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Zagreb||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
- Dalmatian language links:
Dalmatian on wikisource
— The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- Dalmatian language is being revived , and now there is 10-20 speakers worldwide and this number would grow.
http://dalmazia.webs.com — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Falanxdv (talk)
- The Dalmatian language is allegedly reviving (see here) and if it is true I support the proposal. I think the chances to be opened are small for this wiki but everything is possible. --Ghiutun 21:35, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, Dalmation language is spoken by around 20 people and one hundred more have some knowledge of that language. --Humberto del Torrejón (talk) 03:14, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.