|This proposal has been approved.|
The Board of Trustees and language committee have deemed that there is sufficient grounds and community to create the new language project.
A committee member provided the following comment:
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||din (SIL, Glottolog)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
|Language Wikidata item
||Q56466 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.
||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?
||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.
||Wikipedia, Athörëtɛ̈triɛ̈ɛ̈cëbɛ̈n lau
||"Wikipedia" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||Jam në biäk Wikipedia
||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP)
first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".
||Anything else that should be set
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Dinka is a Nilotic language of South Sudan with about 2.5 million
native speakers. Its speakers need access to material in Wikipedia in
their own language. --1jmyhill (talk) 07:41, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.