Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Fataluku
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Fataluku|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||ddg (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Fataluku||Language name in English|
|Language name||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q35353 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Fataluku Community and language with Fataluku/English and English/Fataluku wordlists||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Continent/City||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
Arguments in favour
- Support Support I´am a native speaker and i realy want our language Fataluku that was spoken by more 30000 people in District Lospalos, Timor Leste and i know this language is a amazing gift from our ancestors. I hope you guys can help us to aprove this language to be Fataluku Wikipedia. thanks so much !! Ivan Zeruwsky 01:10, 27 September 2010 (UTC)(N)
- Support Support The Fataluku is a language of the great family of origin papua, for that reason when they speak this language has some similarity with other language like Makasae and Makalero in Timor-Leste. Majority people of District Lautem communicates with that language and at this time there is also Bible written in language Fataluku similar with the liturgy of Mass and other songs. cristovao(N)
- Support Support : Native speakers of Fataluku have the competency and willingness to contribute to this project in the long-term. Hence the Fataluku language deserves to be given the opportunity and priviledge to have its own language edition of Wikipedia along with the existing East Timorese language such as Tetun. --Jose77 04:00, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- translatewiki.net doesn't support this language yet, but it appears on Ethnologue, so i added a request to support it: http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Thread:Support/Adding_Fataluku_(ddg) . --Amir E. Aharoni 12:30, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- The language is eligible (native supporters, active test project). One of the native contributors, please register at Translatewiki and add a request in the thread mentioned by Amir, and you can start translating the interface. :-) Jon Harald Søby 13:04, 16 October 2010 (UTC)