Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ilokano
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Ilokano)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
- Number of speakers:+9 million first and secondary speakers
- Locations spoken;northern Philippines (Luzon island), also significant populations in Manila, Mindanao, United States (primarily Hawaii, California, New Jersey, Illinois), Canada, other nations with Filipino expatriates
- Related languages:None. It is fairly homogenous with two very close dialects, termed North and South. The language belongs in its own branch in the Philippine Cordilleran family of languages.
- Ilokano is the lingua franca of the northern Philippines, the mother tongue of more than seven million people, plus an additional two million secondary speakers around the country. They also comprise the majority of the Filipino and Filipino-American population in Hawaii and have significant numbers elsewhere. It is ranked 94th worldwide based on number of speakers.
- (I have been a Wikipedia contributor since 2003. And I have recently started on translation of the pages into Ilocano offline. I just need help in going through the process of establishing the site. Thanks. Oavcacananta 03:23, 2 October 2005 (UTC))
- SUPPORT I whole-heartedly support this. With the large number of Ilokanos in the United States and a very strong Ilokano presence on the internet, I have been very baffled as to why no one has stepped up to the plate and proposed an Ilokano Wikipedia. Agbiag ti Iluko ket dagiti Ilokano! :-) --Chris 04:41, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT It's about time --Harvzsf 05:00, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT I've been longing and waiting and anticipating much for this since I've discovered wikipedia.org! In fact I'm thinking of starting it then but I'm just a newbie wikipedian yet and I thought I cannot do it alone so I'm just waiting for somebody to initialize it and then I'll just contribute and collaborate. And now, this is it! Let's give it a try! --Saluyot 06:59, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT Finally. I am waiting for someone who is more experienced in written Ilocano to propose this. -- Bluemask 08:13, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT --Bentong Isles 08:21, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- support Why not? Caesarion Velim, non opto 09:38, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- support (why is everybody yelling here?) Arbeo 09:47, 2 October 2005 (UTC)
- Comment to Arbeo: Can't you tell? We're excited! :-) --Chris 18:23, 3 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support! Pallmall 11:41, 2 October 2005 (UTC).
- Support --Haruo 04:34, 3 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support --Jojit fb 05:20, 3 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT --Juan bahag 01:49, 4 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support--Katimawan2005 03:16, 4 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support --Chamdarae 17:02, 4 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT I'd love it! --443 17:21, 4 October 2005 (UTC)
- Support --Joanot 13:55, 5 October 2005 (UTC)
- SUPPORT!!! --Node ue 04:29, 6 October 2005 (UTC) finally! --17 supporters, wow -- can it be created immediately?