Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Kinaray-a 2
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Kinaray-a 2|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||krj (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Kinaray-a||Language name in English|
|Language name||Kinaray-a||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q33720 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
- Speakers: 1,051,968
- Location(s) spoken: Iloilo, Antique, and Western Panay provinces of the Philippines.
Arguments in favour
- Strong Support - There are two native speakers whom have already contributed twenty-nine articles in the test wiki. A few more native speakers will be able to bring this language to life. --Jose77 05:27, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
- Strong support, just as versions of Wikipedia in other Philippine languages exist. —Lagalag 08:42, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support. Pietras1988 19:09, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
- Strong Support - Kinaray-a is one of the major languages of the Philippines having a minimum of one million people who speak it as a first language. --Harvzsf 01:38, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support. As stated above, it is a major Philippine language with over a million speakers, particularly in the Western Visayas region where it is primarily spoken in four provinces (Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, and Guimaras. Perhaps Aklan as well). There is a growing presence of Karay-as on the internet and they have their own YahooGroup full of people dedicated to using their language in literature and their like. I give them my fullest support. --Chris S. 03:46, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support. --Bentong Isles 11:33, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
- Support, with Kinaray-a one of the major Philippine languages, we cannot have this segment of the population ignored. --Sky Harbor 01:20, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support. With more than one million speakers, Kinaray-a should have its own Wikipedia. Katimawan2005 15:00, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- Strong Support --Mananaliksik 13:14, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
- Strong Support** Hanggod gid ang pagsuporta ko sa Kinaray-a nga linguahi -ginatudlo ko dya sa akon Apo "ang pagbasa kag sulat" kang Alpabetika nga Kinaray-a version. --(User: Consolita 11:57, 20 July 2007 (CA)
- Weak support The language is dying due to further influence of Hiligaynon, Tagalog and English, and speakers are considerably low. That is why we must have this project to make sure that Kinaray-a will survive. However I pretty much doubt that this project will be active due to the activity being shown by other minority language Wikipedias, which are pretty much bot edits. -- Felipe Aira 07:07, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Willy2000 14:04, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
- Support Kinaray-a has a significant number of speakers Mk32 23:45, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
- Strong Support Although, I would also prefer there be one in Aklanon.--23prootie 00:36, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Normal wiki. I support. --U.Steele 21:51, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- Currently 19.22% of the most used messages have been localised. Thanks, GerardM 21:23, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
- Currently 24.53% of the most used MediaWiki messages have been localised. Localisation of these messages is a requirement before your request is finally assessed. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks,