Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Neapolitan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Neapolitan)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
CREATED see http://nap.wikipedia.org/ .
- Relevant infos:
- Approximate number of speakers: 7,8 millions
- Location(s) spoken: in southern Italy in several varieties (from Abruzzi & southern Latium to northern Calabria and Northern Apulia); centered in Campania, Italy, and due to immigration in many parts of the world.
- Closely related languages, if any: Sicilian. Also Italian, Corsican, Sardinian, etc. Romance language with influences from Greek, Catalan, Spanish, French, and Arabic languages due to southern Italian history (Oscan substratum, pre-Latin language spoken in the same area as modern Neapolitan).
- External links to organizations that promote the language: http://www.ac-na.org/
- SabineCretella (Spoken Neapolitan: yes, reading: yes, writing: only up to a certain extend with the help of tools.
- Carmine Colacino (N) (Spoken Neapolitan: yes, reading: yes, writing: yes.)
- Retaggio (N) (Spoken Neapolitan: yes, reading: yes, writing: yes.)
- Finizio (Spoken Neapolitan: yes, reading: yes, writing: yes.)
- VingenzoTM (Spoken Neapolitan: limited, reading: yes, writing: limited.)
- Square87 (N) (Spoken Neapolitan: yes, reading: yes, writing: yes.)
- CRYptex (N) (Spoken Neapolitan: yes, reading: yes, writing: no.)
- Audra de Falco (Spoken Neapolitan: limited, reading: yes, writing: somewhat.)
- Discussions on the setup of this wikipedia took/take place at firstname.lastname@example.org, a group that aims to preserve the Neapolitan language and culture.
- Support. I like this Italian languages project. Hope to see all of them get a Wikipedia soon! Caesarion 17:11, 29 August 2005 (UTC)
- Support.--Harvzsf 17:58, 29 August 2005 (UTC)
- Support.--Chamdarae 02:41, 30 August 2005 (UTC)
- -1: It's not a language, it's a dialect
- Only an unsigned opinion; ISO code tells a different truth. --Massimo Finizio 09:07, 30 August 2005 (UTC)
- There is always somebody who believes to know better, as usual, and with no signature moreover...--Carmine Colacino 11:54, 30 August 2005 (UTC)
- So many contributors at this moment already... I daresay, create a test wiki now! Or, if just a few others join in, let a developer create the new Wikipedia soon! I think it is safe to say it will be successful. Caesarion Velim, non opto 12:38, 30 August 2005 (UTC)
- Support. --Retaggio 07:26, 31 August 2005 (UTC)
- Support. The Neapolitan language is one of the most richest and expressive Romance tongues. In fact, some of the world's most recognizeable songs are of Neapolitan origin. Now it is time to showcase Neapolitan to the world on a whole new level. Not only will this project be important for the promotion and normalisation of the Neapolitan language, but it will hopefully reinforce the idea that the language is an integral part of Neapolitan history, culture, and identity. "Ccà parlammo pure italiano; Qui parliamo anche napoletano." --VingenzoTM 07:26, 31 August 2005 (UTC)
- Support. --pippudoz - (waarom? jus'b'coz!) 04:21, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
- Support Joanot 17:31, 1 September 2005 (UTC) Here you have my support to all the ancient countries and cultures under Aragonese Crown. Cheers from Land of Valencia.
- Support CRYptex 10:12, 2 September 2005 (UTC) I live in Naples and I love both my city and its history; I would be really happy if this project was created.
- Support Arbeo 17:01, 2 September 2005 (UTC
- We are starting with the UI translation (not sure if I will use OmegaT or the language tool from SUN - I'll see which one works better for us) - this will be done with the help of the "napulitano" mailing list - so I would kindly ask to who is interested in helping us to subscribe with an empty message to email@example.com. Thank you! --Sabine 09:34, 4 September 2005 (UTC)