Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Galician
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Galician|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||gl (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Galician||Language name in English|
|Language name||galego||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q9307 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Madrid||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
(Correct main page link: v:mul:Galego)
Arguments in favour
Support Support Pontevedra78 23:05, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose I think that a new project must be discussed between potential user or people interested, but actually nobody has shown his interest in this project and is possible that it can not be maintained. Sorry for my english, i know that is bad. Regards. --Albert galiza 17:16, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose Oppose At present, the project cannot be viable. A user who has not showed his ability on the other projects of wikimedia (wikipedias and others) in galician, portuguese or spanish yet, would not know how to be enough to introduce a project. Sorry of not not me exprimmer correctly in English .Elvire 18:40, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose Oppose Yo no speak english. Lo siento --220.127.116.11 12:26, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose. Galician is not yet ready for a Wikiversity. This situation can be compared to Limburgish. Limburgish is also a minority language that is not yet ready for a Wikiversity. Currently there is only one page and one interested and inactive user. --OosWesThoesBes 12:32, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose Oppose I think that the other projects in Galician language must be larger before open new projects. Nowadays, we have Galician Wikibooks and Wikiquote with very few activity, and Galician Wiktionary must be improved. --Norrin strange 09:30, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose Per Albert galiza and Elvire. I don't think that Galician is ready for Wikiversity and of course, a request for open a project must be iniciated by interested and responsible users. ATM, if the project would have been opened, I supose it will be dead and unmantained. —Dferg (talk) 10:08, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Galego is a potencial language. --Pontevedra78 12:41, 25 February 2009 (UTC)