|This proposal has been rejected.|
While this request has technically been rejected, in reality this is a request that has been sitting open or on hold for a long time with little evidence of a community coming together to build a project. If a community comes together in the future and makes a new request, LangCom would consider that new request without prejudice.
A committee member provided the following comment:
In over a year "on hold", no content was created for this project. The proposal is therefore closed as stale. For LangCom: StevenJ81
) 22:00, 6 June 2019 (UTC)
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
||Example / Explanation
||arz (SIL, Glottolog)
||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...
||Language name in English
||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...
|Language Wikidata item
||Q29919 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.
||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?
||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.
||"Wikivoyage" in your language
||usually the same as the project name
|Project talk namespace
||"Wikivoyage talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)
||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP)
first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info
). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).
|Default project timezone
||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)
||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".
||Anything else that should be set
|submit Phabricator task. It will include everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings. After creating the task, add a link to the comment.
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
This is a language that is located within the SIL macrolanguage ara.
Egyptian Arabic has 58 million speakers, is a very common language within Egypt and many expect to contribute to this project.
There should be a project like this since there is already an active Wikipedia in this language.
This language is rated 3 (Wider communication) in Ethnologue.
- Support for the following reasons:
- Wikipedia already exists in this language (link to Egyptian Arabic Wikipedia)
- Egyptian Arabic has already been written written down for many centuries.
- Many native speakers should be interested in contributing.
- Egyptian Television has (since 1960!) many programs on daily life and travel. -- 126.96.36.199 01:29, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Comment Although potential readers is quite high (50 million speakers) and because that there is a high chance to find some contributors, it would be better if the proposal and incubator has activity from native/highly-fluent speakers. Please contact Egyptian Arabic wikipedians to see if there is someone interested to make it grow and go live. --Zerabat (discusión) 02:41, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.