Requests for new languages/Wiktionary Laki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wiktionary Laki|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||lki (SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||laki||Language name in English|
|Language name||له کی||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q56483 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Community||hadi adinevand(N) Milad Rahimi(N), Milad Rahimi(N), abtin71(N), hosseinblue(N), علی ساکی لرستانی(P)|
You can optionally list your user name if you are an active contributor to the test wiki. Add "N" next to your name if you are a native speaker of this language.
|Project name||ویکی فەرهەنگ||"Wiktionary" in your language|
|Project namespace||ویکی فەرهەنگ||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wiktionary talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Asia/tehran||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
Arguments in favour
- Support:the luri language has six main branches such as laki,bakhtiari,mamsani,kumzari,feyli,kohgiluyeh,buyerahmadi.laki is the language of history of the lur people that is speaking in the lur people land of iran and Iraq.
- Support:we intrested in to create a dictionary for lak people --Hosseinblue (talk) 08:17, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: The name of this dialect is not Luri Laki. It's a dialect of sourthern Kurdish (here the article on Wikipedia) That means the user is a not a native speaker of Laki but a Lur. There is this disscussion even on Wikipiedia. Some Lur people want to impose their theories about Laks and Laki dialect. I don't believe that, it'll be useful to create this wiktionary without presence of some Lak users.--Gomada (talk) 22:13, 13 January 2016 (UTC)