The 2020 steward elections are finished. No further votes will be accepted.
- Languages: ko-N, en-2, ja-2(reading), ja-1(writing), bi-1, tpi-0.5, eo-1
- Personal info: (English)Hello! I'm a user who is using ‘Sotiale’ under my pen name. I first started editing in Korean Wikipedia in 2009. And it was in 2012 that I actively participated.
I have been an administrator (since 2012), bureaucrat and CheckUser (since 2013), Oversight (since 2019) on Korean Wikipedia, an administrator (since 2012) on Korean Wikisource, an administrator (since 2012) on Korean Wikiquote. In multilingual projects, on Wikidata, I became an initial temporary administrator in 2012 and then re-requested for permission and have been an administrator since 2013. Also I have been bureaucrat (since 2014) on Wikiversity BETA. It's not in operation now, but I've served as a member of Arbitration Committee on Korean Wikipedia.
Globally, I have been Global Renamer since 2014. I'm a Global rollbacker. Through SWMT activities, I have engaged in anti-vandalism activities and reporting some LTAs and spambots. Please check my SUL info. In the past, I worked on OTRS info and permissions, but now I only handle OTRS Tickets for OS work. I'm communicating and collaborating with other users at IRC #stewards, #GS, #rename and some restricted channels, for my work.
If there's anything about me, I think it's CheckUser experience over 6+ years, OS access, a timezone(UTC+9), an experience in some sister projects. I already work as CU/OS locally, and I have experience in Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wikiquote, Wikiversity, Wikinews as an editor or admin. As a result, I have experience with administrator tools and personal information tools, general editing on Wikimedia projects. If I become a stewards, I will try to concentrate on what I can do to help you rather than what I want to do. Nevertheless, I would like to focus more on:
- SRCU - I will help SRCU. Although only technical checking is possible due to language barrier, I think my experience will help with the processing of requests.
- spambots and cross-wiki LTA - I would like to work with SWMT members and Global sysops to help with handling of spambots and cross-wiki LTAs. Especially, for spambots, I will work to find the farm of spambots through CheckUser of loginwiki, for LTAs, I will deal with kowiki's cross-wiki LTAs/banned user by WMF. Other LTA cases will be dealt with through my small experience and collaboration with SWMT members.
- IRC #stewards connection and OS - Because I'm a local Oversight, I'm always connected to IRC. If it's not my time at work, I think I can quickly respond to requests. And I have experience using OS tools, so I can do a little bit of help with urgent OS requests. The same applies to other urgent requests.
My timezone is UTC+9. Most stewards are at night at this time of day. This may not be important in assessing me, but I expect to be able to fill the void. I sometimes saw users in trouble in this timezone, and I thought I'd help them. In general, if I'm not too busy to access Internet, someone can contact me from UTC 23:00 to 14:00. (if it is a difficult day to edit, I can only do limited things through IRC.)With the suggestions of some grateful users, I was able to decide to challenge stewardship. The things that I might lack, as always, will be filled with communication and collaboration with other users or stewards. Although my experience may not satisfy you enough, I would be more than happy to help the community with it. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
- Questions: See Stewards/Elections 2020/Questions#Sotiale