Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Outreach/Portuguese Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Sources/Portuguese Wikipedia Village Pump
- Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Track B/Sources/Portuguese Wikipedia Facebook group
- Village pump posts
- Mass messages on users pages of all active editors with opt-out
- Facebook post on group
- Watch list message
- Discuss with community possibility of a site notice with banner
Coordination with other tracks
- Announcement at Facebook group
- Inspired by Samuel (WMF), I asked users at our "translators coffeehouse" to help with translations, if it doesn't get movement I'll message some users on talk pages.
- Messaged IRC channel #wikipedia-pt about the process and my availability over there as well.
- Sent messages to less traveled paths (Commons Portuguese Village Pump, Portuguese Wikiversity, and Portuguese Wikivoyage)
- Started the topic at the Village Pump
- Sent personal invites to the 10 top editors in the last 30 days (from this query) and the two bot operators mingled in that list. example
- Asked to use pt:MediaWiki:Watchlist-details to place a link to the discussion.
- Made a script to invite the 100 top editors in the last 30 days and sent these invites (minus the 10 top already sent)
- Tried to do it by bot and decided to manually invite the 23 editors that made more than 5 edits in Wikibooks in the last 30 days
- Asked to change the deadline and wording on the Watchlist-details message so that editors are more aware of the end of cycle 1
- Announced the change of deadline and next steps on the strategy process
- Announced translation of surveys onwiki
- Sent email to Wikimedia Portugal mailing list
- Announced surveys in Facebook