Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Toolkit/Discussion guide/Offwiki
This page explains how to organize a discussion about Movement strategy at an online but offwiki location.
Online discussion - off wiki (cycle 1)
Over the course of the month-long discussion period, participants will do the following:
- Part 1 (first 1-3 weeks of discussion cycle, depending on when you start)
- Review the Strategy Brief and discuss the key points that resonate with the group
- Explore what accomplishing the vision looks like
- Generate ideas about what is our best way of reaching our vision
- Identify major themes and discuss
- Part 2 (final week of discussion cycle)
- Write one theme statement per each major topic (1 sentence for each theme) and write 1-3 keywords
- Post summary to local project and Meta
Here is a recommended agenda for the discussion. While you may choose to run the conversation differently, this has been designed for your use.
While this is designed to run for four weeks, groups can shorten the discussion timeline as needed, as long as a summary of statements is posted.
|Step||Activity / Prompts for online discussion|
|First posting - Introduction and briefing
|Second posting - Main discussion on our future direction
|Summarize the themes (option for group to summarize together through online collaboration or for discussion coordinator to summarize separately)
Post to local project and to meta