Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Working Groups/Community Health/Minutes/2018-09-17
Online call conducted on September 17th 2018 from 16:00 to 17:00 UTC.
Participants: Sandra Rientjes, Philip Kopetzky, Jan Eissfeldt, David Saroyan, Chinmayi SK, Rosie Stephenson, Maor Maul, Mervat Salam, Douglas Ssebaggala, Tanveer Hasan, James Heilman
- According to the core team, the working group should encourage more members to complete the expertise form, although this group already has a high completion rate. After the new members have joined the working group, the group should then focus on defining the scope of their work.
- The document detailing the expertise present and required should be seen as a “living document”, i.e. it will change over time depending on the expertise the new members bring and the results of the scoping process. This can also result in the working group requesting outside input for certain topics, for example researchers in a certain field.
- The WMF staff briefing needs should be filled out in the meantime to start gathering resources on the topics the group thinks will be important in the upcoming months.
- A document with a list of reading materials will be set up, including suggestions on the talk page of the working group on Meta.
- A meeting in person would be beneficial but financing and the timeframe are unclear so far, needs to be further discussed with the core team.
- The decision is made that the summaries of the working group’s calls should be published on Meta.