Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Gazal world
- Wikipedia username
- Gazal world
- Email (optional)
- Active in English Wikipedia, Gujarati Wikipedia, Commons and Wikidata since December 2015
- 6200 + edits Global contributions including 467 in Gujarati Wikipedia and 1155 in Commons.
- Created large number of articles and contributions specifically related to Gujarati language, literature, culture and writers. Got large number of Gujarati writer photos released under free license via OTRS. Helping in access to Gujarati books for Wikisource.
- Creating articles on educational subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Philosophy and World literature as well as Gujarati literature on Gujarati Wikipedia.
- Scanner if possible
I chiefly contribute from my mobile phone. Alternatively I contribute from the common desktop computer in our hostel. I will complete my education in April 2018 and leave hostel so I will not have access to desktop computer thereafter. So if I receive the laptop, it will be great help. It will help me to continue my editing and other activities. The laptop would make my editing activity easy and fast and will help me contribute more.
There is a lack of Gujarati language resources on internet. I am planning to start a resource exchange programme on Gujarati Wikipedia with the help of libraries. That is why I have also asked for scanner if possible. The scanner will help in scanning relevant pages from books for purpose of resource exchange with other editors and fulfill their needs. I have already uploaded photos of several authors. I contact them and have their physical photos scanned in cyber cafe. I upload them and tell them to send relevant OTRS permission. So the scanner will be great help there too. I want to upload copyright expired Gujarati books to Commons for Gujarati Wikisource but lack of scanner is chief issue. I have access to libraries and institutes promoting Gujarati language and literature. So I have requested scanner along with laptop to boost my overall activities across several projects of Wikimedia.
I am already active in resource exchange page on English Wikipedia and going to start it on Gujarati Wikipedia. I am going to be more active on Gujarati Wikipedia to fill the gaps specifically in educational topics such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Western Literature and theories, Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology. I consider that availability of articles on these subjects will be very helpful to students and other people alike. I will be actively involving Gujarati literary institutes and community with Wikimedia projects through its exposure and introduction to them. I am also looking forward to introduce Wikipedia editing to more people especially college students.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support Gazal world is doing great work in Gujarati Wikipedia and Commons (also in English Wikipedia) with limited access to equipment he has. I fully support his request. --KartikMistry (talk) 07:08, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support. Very active user edited from mobile. He really need support.--आर्यावर्त (talk) 13:59, 5 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support -- AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 05:46, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support He has contributed heavily in field of Gujarati language and literature. He would be able to work more due an easy access and will be immensely helpful to Gujarati and other Wikipedias, Commons as well as Wikisource.--Nizil Shah (talk) 11:54, 9 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sushant savla (talk) 03:01, 10 February 2018 (UTC) the user is active on wiki and with infra support he may contribute more.
- Support - This user is active on Gujarati Wikipedia and has contributed well on Aujarati literature (mainly writers) related pages. In my view he must get the equipment support.--DhavalTalk 17:02, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support - Aniket
- Support - Sreejithkoiloth (talk) 11:34, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Sugeesh (talk) 17:34, 26 February 2018 (UTC)