Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Laptops/Help
This page is an attempt to guide answering some of the common and frequently asked questions on using the Chromebook.
Want to ask a question? Please ask on the talk page, or please answer others' questions, if you know the answer.
Inside the chromebook packet there should be a 4-page manual. Please follow the Manual to learn:
- Page 2
- How to plug in
- How to turn on and off the Chromebook
- Setting up your Chromebook
- Connect with Google account
- Page 3
- Using Launcher
- Pinning your favourite apps
- Access controls, settings, help
- Further help
- Page 4
- Access to everyday's works
- Chat with friends
- Listen to music
- Keyboard shortcuts
Connect with WiFi
Learn here how to connect with WiFi
Files and downloads
Learn here how to manage files, file types, office files, access downloaded files and more
Click the touchpad with two fingers to open the right-click menu. Learn more here.
Claim your 100GB
Your default Google storage is 15 GB. With Google Chrome you get 100 GB for free for 2 years. To claim this 100 GB go to www.google.com/chromebook/offers/ from your Chromebook and click on “Redeem”. After you redeem it’ll take 10 minutes to add 100 GB in your Google account.
Appearance and language
Learn how changes appearance and language of your Chromebook here.
Add input languages
working, screenshot guide needed, please do not upload non-free screenshots
- Click on your name and click on the settings icon on the launcher (bottom right corner)
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Click on Language and input settings
- Click on add
- Select your language and add your language. Note: Click on "Show input options on the shelf" to show language option on the shelf (taskbar)
Learn about accessibility options here.