Talk:API listing template
This template provides the API listing at
/api/ in various projects, for example:
/api/ path is a server-side rewrite rule to <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/extract2.php?template=API_listing_template>.
Updating this listing
- "Wikimedia APIs" is confusing and needless, I suggest "APIs" instead.
- There should rather be something like "MediaWiki API" somewhere, otherwise how are people supposed to understand that the "action API" is not Wikimedia-specific and is documented on mediawiki.org?
- "PHP action API" is confusing, people may think that it can only be used in PHP. If devs want to use the new name "action API", this can be done without prefixing it with "PHP".
--Nemo 08:25, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
- Nemo, I just added a new version that uses just "APIs", as you suggested. I also removed the "PHP" prefix to leave just "Action API", and added a short sentence giving a hint on what each API is focused on. -- GWicke (talk) 03:37, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
This text doesn't seem multilingual to me. --Nemo 08:26, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
Request for Assistance
If possible, could someone help add a link to the app guidelines on this page https://meta.wikimedia.org/api/ (as it was to the dumps page). It would be great if a header was called "Legal" on the very bottom - and the sentence could say:
App Guidelines: [] for developers on how to properly reuse Wikimedia data, API, trademarks, and other content.
Any help posting this would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com —The preceding unsigned comment was added by VBaranetsky (WMF) (talk) 19:49, 3 September 2015
- @VBaranetsky (WMF): Done:  Let me know if you want it tweaked. :) --Varnent (talk)(COI) 19:05, 9 November 2015 (UTC)
Update required to paths to the styles
Please sync the new version from https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=API_listing_template/temp&oldid=15832004 After https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141402 the paths to CSS served by RESTBase have changed, the ?doc query parameter is not needed any more. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pchelolo (talk) 21:03, 9 August 2016