Talk:Community Tech/E-Book Export Reliability
|This page is for discussing the project E-Book Export Reliability. Please remember to:|
Problems with sections
- Sections (<section begin/><section end/>) seem to be a problem when creating E-Books. --Dorades (talk) 22:11, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Dorades: Could you elaborate on what sections you mean? Is this about the subpage structure, or the fact that tables of contents sometimes don't work, or something else? Thanks! —Sam Wilson 23:43, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
502 Bad Gateway
I can not access the tool. As far as I remember, it should be filled out the articles name automatic in the tool, no neutral landing page. It would be good to have a Index with often used words, like in the book exporter for Wikipedia articles. Regards, Conny (talk) 03:10, 5 April 2019 (UTC).
- Thanks for your post Conny. It sounds like you're reporting yet another case of WSexport going missing. I've compiled a list of similar reports in a ticket we created to investigate what is causing these failures. Look the list over and if there's something different about your case, please report it (on Phabricator, or write it up here; be sure to include a link to the book you're trying to download). Otherwise, stand by and watch the project page for updates; things should get better in the coming months. —JMatazzoni (WMF) (talk) 17:03, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
Export of Index and Page namespaces
Hi, thanks for working on this tool! Would you, please, also consider including an option to export the entire index page (Index namespace) or a custom range of book file pages (Page namespace) into one single file? Basically like transclusion but for the export tool.--Emptyfear (talk) 13:14, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Emptyfear. Can you say a bit more about what you are trying to do? What is your goal in exporting a custom range, instead of the whole book? It sounds like you're thinking about a feature along the lines of the "Book Creator," which on English Wikipedia, anyway, is accessed through the "Create a book" link in the left nav? JMatazzoni (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 30 April 2019 (UTC)
50 → 179 minutes downtime?
When will the corrections be implemented
@JMatazzoni (WMF): Hello Joe,
I have noticed that the proposal “Improve export of electronic books” is marked as Finished.
I have noticed a great improvement on the reliability of the exports. This is really great.
As I am testing the books that I had problems with, I noticed that none of the problematic situations inside the texts are solved (text missing, text in double, table scrambled, text in table not aligned as in Wikisource… These situations still occur either in PDF, ePub ou Mobi format.). This was one of the main issue of course in order to improve reliability to readers.
- Hello @JMatazzoni (WMF):. Have you had time to read my question ? Thank you. --Viticulum (talk) 21:16, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- @Viticulum: Joe is not working on this project any more. Are the issues you mention recorded as bugs here: https://github.com/wsexport/tool/issues ? If they're not, would you be able to create new issues for them, so we can track and hopefully fix them? Thanks! Sam Wilson 13:00, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you @Samwilson: for answering. My question is : when will the improvements by implemented in French Wikisource ?
- On the page project it is written : "Make sure e-books are legible: The Wishlist wish for this project references the problem of “pages with missing...or scrambled information.” Our second priority will be to address as many issues as we can that cause the contents of a downloaded book to be unreadable or incomplete."
- This is the main reason we submited a request in the wishlist survey. No one in French Wikisource knows if the solution is implemented... (it does not look like it is...)
- In a discussion on my page, I offered my help to Joe to eplain the many situations that are problematic with no return.
- I do not know what is github.