Hello! Today the MediaWiki message delivery in the Portuguese Wikipedia sent me a message on the Translation of the Week suggesting to translate an article that already existed on the Portuguese Wikipedia. Thanks, Erick Soares3 (talk) 09:48, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
- @Erick Soares3: This page is just about the software that is used to deliver messages, not about the contents themselves.
- At the bottom of each message is a hidden-comment (visible in editing mode, and your linked-diff) which explains who sent each message. It is best to contact those people if you have a question about a message you received. In this case, User:Shizhao, who you can contact at their usertalkpage, or at the talkpage of Translation of the week itself. I hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 22:21, 15 November 2021 (UTC)
Message sent twice
Hello! One of my subscribers from our MassMessage list reported to received the message twice. According to this log I only sent it once. It would be helpful to know if the error that happened occurred on my end so I can refrain from doing it again in the future. I am just new in using this tool. I hope you can give me some clarity on this matter. Thank you for your understanding.-- IBrazal (WMF) (talk) 14:05, 25 November 2021 (UTC)
- @IBrazal (WMF) Hi, I believe this is the bug tracked at phab:T270873 which happens erratically, and with unknown causes. I would guess that it's something to do with 'caching' (the root of many problems!). Sorry for the very late response. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 00:24, 6 January 2022 (UTC)
Update lij.wiki link
Salûi! Someone could please switch the MassMessage target page in lij.wiki from Portale comunità to Community portal (comunicaçioìn in ingléize)? Actually the first page is a redirect to the second one and, since it's written in an other language, it will be soon deleted; thanks and best regards! --N.Longo (talk) 12:20, 28 December 2021 (UTC)
- @N.Longo Hi! There are a lot of different "target lists". I've updated one that was most recently used. (Note: You can see the originating "target list" by looking at any post in edit-mode - the URL that the bot used is always given within a hidden comment at the end of each message). I've also updated  and .
- Here is a meta-search for more "target lists" that include the old name, although many of those were temporary lists that won't be used again. I'd suggest you might want to update the top 10 in those results? (it's sorted by "most recently edited"). Hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 00:19, 6 January 2022 (UTC)
- @Quiddity (WMF): Thanks a lot, imho it's enough if only the active lists are updated since, other than being the most frequently used, (please correct me if I'm wrong) new temporary lists are based on those you've already fixed. Anyway, I'll report if there are any problems, ancón gràçie, scignorîa! --N.Longo (talk) 11:27, 10 January 2022 (UTC)
Please reformat message to ja.wikipedia.org
On ja.wikipedia.org, messages from "MediaWiki message delivery" are post to ja:Project:お知らせ/ウィキメディア共通, and messages are included on ja:Project:お知らせ（discussion:ja:Wikipedia‐ノート:お知らせ#財団さんからのお知らせと日本語版内部のお知らせを分けませんか）. So, please change message's header from h2 tag（== xxx ==） to h3 tag（=== xxx ===）, and post on section "ja:Project:お知らせ/ウィキメディア共通#ウィキメディア共通のお知らせ" . --Miraburu (talk) 04:24, 12 September 2022 (UTC)
- Hi @Miraburu. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the default Heading-level (h2->h3).
- MassMessage senders just use the interface shown here File:Screenshot of MassMessage MediaWiki extension.png. It simply adds a new section to the bottom of whichever page is specified in the Distribution list that was used (per your listing).
- You could file a Feature Request for this in the Phabricator workboard (phab:tag/massmessage/), or contribute a patch. However, I would guess (I am not a developer) that it would be technically complicated to make a new setting that only applies to specific pages, so that would make it more difficult, and thus unlikely to be implemented soon.
- I hope that helps. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 21:54, 12 September 2022 (UTC)
Messages are delivered on a wrong page on Nias Wiktionary
I noticed that the MediaWiki message delivery arrived on a wrong page on niawikt. Would you please post the messages on wikt:nia:Wiktionary:Monganga_afo as it correctly done on niawiki. I had to move the old messages (2022) to the correct page manually. Thank you in advance. Slaia (talk) 11:35, 14 January 2023 (UTC)