- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
Open, facilitated community conversations have finished. You are welcome to continue commenting and discussing, but the discussions will not be as closely facilitated and documented.
Thank you to everyone who shared their input. To learn about what’s next, visit our FAQ page.
A clear deficiency with this page is that the sections themselves don't link to the more detailed pages. That is, Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Cover_note#Promote_Sustainability_and_Resilience doesn't obviously link to Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Promote_Sustainability_and_Resilience. Can you please add these or are you willing to have the community edit this document to add something uncontroversial like that? @SGrabarczuk (WMF): Thanks. -- Fuzheado (talk) 11:54, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Fuzheado:, thanks for your question. I agree, this should be added. The reason why we haven't done that so far is that we didn't have time/resources to make such adjustments while we were focusing on a) uploading the content b) announcing the conversations. Personally, I don't mind anyone skilled to improve the code. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 13:37, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks, if I get the chance later today I'll do so. -- Fuzheado (talk) 13:40, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Fuzheado: agreed. I am currently setting up a table of all thirteen proposals, to provide a unified list, and also to include some summary data to help all interested editors. feel free to come over and help me. it is at: User:Sm8900/draft of table
- I will tag a few other interested editors, to get the ball rolling. thanks. tagging Bluerasberry, as well. thanks!! --Sm8900 (talk) 15:36, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Ha! I’m doing the same thing! Will send you in a sec. Fuzheado (talk) 15:40, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- Fuzheado, terrific!! be in touch, or come over and say hello, any time. thanks!! --Sm8900 (talk) 16:26, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- Fuzheado, I have just created a new WikiProject, at wikipedia:wikipedia:WikiProject Editor Empowerment. Please come over when you get a chance, and feel free to add your comments on the talk page. if you want to join, please feel free to add your name at the section for members.
- Right now, this WikiProject page is simply a redirect that points to a draft in my own user space. I want to retain editorial control, simply while I am still revising it enough to be ready to present to others. however, I would like to get some folks on board asap. this can be our new shared space to cover some of the points, concerns, and questions covered here. I hope you'll come over and join sometime. thanks!! --Sm8900 (talk) 18:17, 23 January 2020 (UTC)
PDF uploaded to Commons in one A4 sheet
The Wikimedia Strategy 2030 recommendations were published on January 20, 2020, but the language, size, and complexity can be a intimidating, even for native English speakers.
I've attempted to summarize the recommendations into ONE PAGE, highlighting key concepts, structures and processes mentioned in the 68 page document.
It's a work in progress, but I hope it helps to provide easier entry into the full document.
Feel free to provide suggestions, feedback and reflections. -- Fuzheado (talk) 16:12, 23 January 2020 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.