welcome to my talk page. --Sm8900 14:33, 28 September 2006 (UTC)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/create_a_general_time-based_dynamic_overview_of_various_issues_and_topics link to idea. --Sm8900 (talk) 03:16, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Invitation for WikiConference North America 2021
Thank you for signing up for last year's WikiConference North America 2020! I'd like to invite you to this year's WikiConference North America 2021, taking place online and free, October 8-10.
- Registration is open and takes just a few minutes!
- Program submissions are also open through the end of the month, though they are being reviewed on a rolling basis—so the sooner you submit, the better! We are accepting presentations, workshops, round tables, or any other type of session format you can think of.
lists of events
regional hubs event, June 2022
- Hubs/Global Conversations June 24-26, 2022
- There is a lot happening around regional and thematic hubs with different research and planning projects. This event is intended to be a space for sharing and learning between those that are already working on establishing a hub in their context. Participants are invited to share their hub work experiences and learn from each other. Ideally, clear next steps can be mapped out for the future development of hubs.
Participants are also invited to discuss their hub piloting ideas. Some research and planning projects have been completed, which means that it is time to put some ideas into practice. Ideally, the event will help with mapping of considerations and concerns, to inform the future process.
The sessions will take place on Zoom, and will be facilitated and supported by the external facilitation agency Insightpact.
Date + Time:
- Friday, June 24: 11:00 - 13:00 UTC (starts at this time in your time zone) with simultaneous interpretation in Arabic, French, and Spanish
- Saturday, June 25: 16:00 - 18:00 UTC (starts at this time in your time zone) with simultaneous interpretation in Arabic, French, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Sunday, June 26: 05:00 - 07:00 UTC (starts at this time in your time zone) without interpretation
planned to be published by June 10Based on feedback on the recently published proposed Minimum Criteria for Pilots, program/agenda for the event is being revised.
- Main language of the event is English
- We'll provide simultaneous interpretation in Arabic, French, Spanish (for the sessions on June 24 and 25), and Portuguese (to be confirmed for June 25)
Opens on June 10Registration opening postponed, probably opens between June 12 and 15, closes on June 23.
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
- If you can’t wait until the event to discuss the hub matters, join the discussion
- Send the organizers an email to strategy2030wikimedia.org Sm8900 (talk) 17:01, 13 June 2022 (UTC)
below is a navbox that I am working on here.
User page update
Hi - I saw you post a lot on the Forum and was curious to see more info about your previous and ongoing work, but did not see it here. You might want to consider to organize info and make update to your user page as it links from the Forum. Best wishes --Zblace (talk) 05:08, 22 June 2022 (UTC)
- thanks! it is good to hear from you. well, the best place to see my past work is at theEnglish Wikipedia site. the page below is my user page there. i hope that's helpful. thanks!!
Hello. An item which you created or have edited substantially (Template:Basic information) has been nominated for deletion. Please see the ongoing discussion at Meta:Requests for deletion. Thank you. --* Pppery * it has begun 15:27, 26 June 2022 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: June 2022
Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 7
Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 7, July-September 2022Read the full newsletter
Welcome to the 7th issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! The newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the implementation of Wikimedia's Movement Strategy recommendations, other relevant topics regarding Movement governance, as well as different projects and activities supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team of the Wikimedia Foundation.
The MSG Newsletter is delivered quarterly, while the more frequent Movement Strategy Weekly will be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.
RamzyM (WMF) 01:39, 18 July 2022 (UTC)
Public Policy/Global Advocacy conversation hour, July 28
Hi there! I know you were interested in the last community conversation hour so I wanted to make sure to let you know our next ones are held on July 28. We will take a poll to see if participants mind if they are recorded or not. The first half of the call will focus on anti-disinformation (since this was canceled last time) and then we will discuss the human rights impact assessment...the rest is up to you all! All details are on our Meta page. Hope to see you there & please spread the word to others who might be interested. ~ FPutz (WMF) (talk) 09:34, 19 July 2022 (UTC)
- Apology: @Sm8900 I am deeply sorry for sharing the incorrect link, especially since the first call was canceled and now you could not attend because of my error. Thanks to the kindness and attentiveness of @Mhawk10 I believe this has been resolved. As I shared elsewhere, thanks to your suggestion future calls will also be recorded...but hopefully you'll make it live because I won't mess up the link and time! FPutz (WMF) (talk) 20:49, 28 July 2022 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: July 2022
Wikimania Session Alert!
Come listen to the members of the leadership development working group share updates about their work, goals and vision at Wikimania 2022: The Festival Edition! Learn how you can get involved with their efforts to create a shared leadership definition for the Wiki movement!
Leadership Development Working Group: What are we doing and why?
Saturday 13th August
8.45am - 9.30am UTC
- @CCasares (WMF), thanks for your note. this is good to know./ thanks! Sm8900 (talk) 14:53, 15 August 2022 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: August 2022
This Month in GLAM: September 2022
This Month in GLAM: October 2022
This Month in GLAM: November 2022
Hello! Thanks for being a member of Wikimedians for Sustainable Development. We recently did a poll and understood that our newsletter was quite unknown. This is therefore a one-time invitation for all our members to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Best regards, ♥Ainali talkcontributions 14:26, 28 December 2022 (UTC)
This Month in GLAM: December 2022
This Month in GLAM: January 2023
This Month in GLAM: February 2023
This Month in GLAM: March 2023
This Month in GLAM: April 2023
Personal Invitation to the Open Innovation Café volume 2 of Wikimedia Deutschland
We asked – you delivered: After asking all our stakeholders for input through our Open Innovation Café volume 1, a survey and interviews, we have collected the research data and compiled some insightful problem statements. These cover the needs and challenges our Movement faces in innovating in Free Knowledge – quite eye-opening!
Join us at our Open Innovation Café volume 2 to hear about what we have found and how we will use these insights in building a new innovation format for the Wikimedia Movement. Maybe some insights will also be helpful in your community work as well?
When and where will the Open Innovation Café take place? We will be running two identical open cafés, so choose the slot and time zone that suits you best:
- Open Innovation Café option 1 on Tuesday, May 23rd, 5:00-5:30 pm CET: Access the Zoom call through this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86297641111?pwd=OEQwQXVBV21mWlZJTWxld21HeGFHdz09 Meeting ID: 862 9764 1111 Passcode: 021114
- Open Innovation Café option 2 on Thursday, May 25th, 9:30-10:00am CET: Access the Zoom call through this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83425967908?pwd=TTJyS29JRWNxT3dXektCVkMwdU1LQT09 Meeting ID: 834 2596 7908 Passcode: 088627
This will be done in English and is hosted by the Innovation team at Wikimedia Deutschland. There is no requirement for joining, simply drop in as you are. Looking forward to seeing you there! --Lucia Obst (WMDE) (talk) 09:52, 11 May 2023 (UTC)
The Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) invites you to give feedback on the Leadership Development Plan, a practical resource for emerging and existing leaders across the Wikimedia movement who want to develop themselves and others. Your feedback is important to make this resource relevant and useful. We look forward to your general reactions, constructive feedback and ideas for improvement. You can give feedback through the survey, MS Forum, LDWG talk page or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The review period closes on Sunday May 28, 2023.
You have a few days left to share your feedback! The Leadership Development Working Group (LDWG) would love to hear your thoughts on the Leadership Development Plan. The review period closes on May 28, 2023, end of day. Share your feedback via survey, MS Forum, talk page or email at email@example.com.
This Month in GLAM: May 2023
This Month in GLAM: June 2023
This Month in GLAM: July 2023
This Month in GLAM: August 2023
This Month in GLAM: September 2023
This Month in GLAM: October 2023