|← Discussion pages||Help Forum||Archives →|
This page is for asking questions about how to use or edit |
Help! Help! Help! Gujarati Wikipedia Project
Sir, please help! some administrators of Gujarati Wikipedia project are doing injustice to me. Together with their friends they are behaving biased with common editors. They have blocked me for 1 month without any reason. To keep the Wikipedia unprejudiced and clean we need immediate help from you everyone. Please Help us for the name of God.
Take some strong actions against Gujarati Wikipedia admins.
The mobile version of several projects is showing an error. Links that don't exist are blue.
My Wikipedia User account globally unlock request.
Dear Wikipedia Help Team,
I'm Md Nahid Islam, ( Wikipedia User Name Md Nahid Islam Neha) Bangladeshi citizens living Qatar. I had a 2 year old Wikipedia account. The account has been globally locked without my knowledge or due to my mistake. I'm sorry for my mistake. I promise, next time I will be a contributor to all the rules and regulations of Wikipedia. My Wikipedia User account globally unlock request.
Requesting unlock my Wikipedia user account worldwide.
Regrades Md Nahid Islam
Greek languages user
Need admin action on English Wikiquotes
There are some urgent issues posted on English Wikiquotes Admin's Noticeboard. No administrator seems active there for the last 4 days. Please take some action. Lightbluerain (talk) 17:31, 28 November 2021 (UTC)
Bigoted content on Wikipedias you don’t speak the language of
I know Wikimedia has a general “bigotry sucks and will not be tolerated” mindset. Does that make it okay to remove obviously bigoted content (like this user on Polish Wikipedia has an anti-gay marriage box, a position fundamentally incompatible with Wikimedia’s attempting to promote a friendly atmosphere to LGBT+ Wikimedians) from userpages on Wikipedias you do not participate in and don’t speak the language of (except via auto-translation?) I’m mainly asking because I want to stop abusive use of images with potentially legitimate uses (like Category:Anti-LGBT logos on Commons) Dronebogus (talk) 05:20, 26 December 2021 (UTC)
- There are quite a lot of projects whose coverage on LGBT+ related topics is sparse, homophobic, or both. Optimally these issues would be handled on a local level, but in many cases local admins are the ones perpetuating the development of homophobic content. I recently came across Climate change portal/climate denial review, which is essentially doing a survey of climate change related content on small to medium projects. A similar project focused on LGBT content could be helpful, especially with the new UCOC and related initiatives. Best, Vermont (talk) 23:54, 2 January 2022 (UTC)
- @Vermont: I’ve started a discussion at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Forum#Initiative_to_end_anti-LGBT+_content_on_Wikimedia Dronebogus (talk) 10:35, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_LGBT%2B#Initiative_to_end_anti-LGBT+_content_on_Wikimedia as well Dronebogus (talk) 20:01, 7 January 2022 (UTC)
Unknown user on Dutch wikibooks
There is a user named "Filter" on nl-wikibooks, who has made zero edits and does not appear in logs "New users" or "User rights", and noone seems to know him/her. However, the name is on the list of sysops!
How is that even possible? A technical glitch, perhaps? And should we do something about it? - Erik Baas (talk) 01:07, 4 January 2022 (UTC) (sysop/bureaucrat for nl-wikibooks)
- phab:T212268. Stryn (talk) 12:10, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
For a research project, I would like to link the English Wikipedia and the Simple English Wikipedia. I see there is a link in the pages, but I would like to construct a large-scale dataset for research purposes. Thus, I am trying to do that either directly from the dumps (is there any link/id I could use?) or through an API. Please consider that I will need to download the whole Simple English Wikipedia + the corresponding English Wikipedia pages, so I need something fast. Thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
- Thanks! Is there any language independent id in the dumps? 188.8.131.52 09:13, 18 January 2022 (UTC)