|← Discussion pages||Help Forum||Archives →|
This page is for asking questions about how to use or edit |
- 1 Self Promotion on Wikiversity?
- 2 How do I make so advertisements will appear on pages?
- 3 Request for suggestions on "Advertise your project!"
- 4 Proposed global block most unwelcoming to a new editor
- 5 E-Mail-Adresse @ Wikimedia-Projekte / Email address @ Wikimedia projects
- 6 Global user page: Send email to user
- 7 Filme über den 2. Weltkrieg
- 8 I can't create a request
Self Promotion on Wikiversity?
Hello. Is self promotion or personal gain ever allowed on any Wikimedia projects? On Wikiversity the idea that some forms of self promotion and personal gain might be appropriate in an educational setting apparently can't even be discussed because Wikimedia Foundation prohibits it on Wikipedia and ALL of Wikipedia's sister projects? Is this True? Would policies needed to be changed here on Meta for some forms of self promotion to ever be acceptable on Wikiversity? How can policy changes at the Wikimedia Meta level happen? Where can they be discussed? I only ask this because in brick and mortar university settings some forms of self promotion are acceptable, and I think it would help Wikiversity thrive and really benefit all of humanity if policies were different. Thanks. Cheers and Limitless Peace! Michael Ten (talk) 01:23, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
How do I make so advertisements will appear on pages?
Excuse me, how do I make so ads will appear on pages using JS? I want ads to show on pages instead of none ads on the pages, how do I make so ads will appear on pages? --Psl631 (talk) 14:10, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
Request for suggestions on "Advertise your project!"
Creating a Project page at https://meta.wikimedia.org was suggested by Eman235! of wikipedia.
A page at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiDerivations has been created.
Facing certain issues, however. I didn't/couldn't (the reason is mentioned below) follow the mentioned route:
- Create an account and a user page on this wiki, so people can address questions to you.
- Create a page describing your plan: enter the project name in the box below and click the button.
- Link to your proposal from this page, below.
- Advertise your project! Good places to do so are on the Wikimedia Forum and the wikimedia-l mailing-list.
I first proposed a project, went on with it and created the project. The link is already mentioned earlier. Also follows later on, within this very post.
I would've liked to create an account, but since it is a global account, I was afraid it might remove my Wikipedia User and Talk pages. So I haven't created an account and a talk page in wikimedia.
Since I didn't create an account, I can't follow the next steps after I created a project proposal page. Following the direction given:
- Link my proposal to the List.
- Advertise my project.
On these I therefore would like to learn. Seek help to learn.
I found that at the suggested url, if a link to the Section, New Projects, is posted, it creates a link with a phrase
Special:MyLanguage inserted between
/WikiDerivations, whereas my link is straightforward:
The following part solved:
Further, My Username in Wikimedia at the top of https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiDerivations is in Red. Also, hovering the mouse cursor on the username area says:
Bkpsusmitaa (talk) 10:16, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
Your user page (page does not exist)[.]
Proposed global block most unwelcoming to a new editor
Hi. I have over the last three weeks made many edits to many wikipedias which have been helpful, and repetitively requesting advice from other editors. I have been now suggested for global block because of one mistake i made "sockpuppetry" on 12.12.2018 - I did this because I didn't have the password to my old account and it was a closed email, and also I wanted my conflicts of interest to be clear.
I was honest from the start, and then English blocked me, well that's fine. But I then told all the other wikis what happened on English and they're perfectly fine and supportive of all my translations which have come at high cost to my person.
Why on earth has no one actually considered this or read any of the discussions? This I think is against all of the policies of welcoming new users.
Also I note that my editing of the Tok Pisin wikipedia appears to be confusing. i contend that we let them decide that. I know thier culture far better than most other people in the world. E.3 (talk) 13:40, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
Finally, if you had not been so thouroughly unwelcoming when you had the russian freedom of panorama wrong, I probbaly would have improved MANY of your articles by this time. E.3 (talk) 13:48, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
- I suggest that you stick to just a single account, wait for 6 months and then apply for unblock. See en:Wikipedia:Standard offer. Ruslik (talk) 20:17, 25 December 2018 (UTC)
E-Mail-Adresse @ Wikimedia-Projekte / Email address @ Wikimedia projects
Hallo, per Standard ist der Single Sign-on für die Schwesternprojekte aktiv. Jedoch kann ich bei Bedarf lokale Einstellungen vornehmen (Wikipedia, Wikivoyage usw.), sofern ich nicht bestimmte Werte über Meta-Wiki zentral vorgebe. Zu den individuellen projektbezogenen Optionen gehört aber wohl nicht die Mailadresse? Ich kann also nicht für jedes Wikiprojekt eine separate Adresse verwenden, korrekt? Es ist nur eine zentrale Adresse möglich? Danke & Gruß --Smarti (talk) 01:52, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Korrekt, die Mailadresse gilt für alle Wikis der Wikimedia Foundation. Gruß --Schniggendiller (talk) 20:07, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello, per default single sign-on is activated for the sister projects. I can use local values (Wikipedia, Wikivoyage and so on) otherwise use central values from Meta-Wiki. But I can't use local email addresses with a global user account, right? Thanks & greets --Smarti (talk) 02:13, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
Global user page: Send email to user
For each wiki there exists a special page to contact user by email as far as I know (e.g. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:EmailUser plus user name). When I want to create a global user sub site, is there a possibility to include this contact form or link it in a flexible way? The global page should be inherited and customized at each wiki. So, is there a variable for local wikis? Thanks in advance. Bye --Smarti (talk) 02:46, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
Filme über den 2. Weltkrieg
Warum sind die Filme über den 2.Weltkrieg , die aus der UDSSR ,Jugoslawien , und anderen osteuropäischen Staaten kommen , rot unterlegt und die Seiten nicht verfügbar ???? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 3 Sternekoch (talk) 18:11, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
- Diese Frage kann man so nicht beantworten. Wo genau sind diese roten Links? Kopiere doch mal die Adresszeile aus dem Browser hierher. Generell gilt: Ein roter Link bedeutet, daß die Seite nicht oder nicht mehr existiert. Das kann verschiedene Gründe haben: Die Seite wurde aus irgendeinem Grund gelöscht (Urheberrechtsverletzung, sehr deutliche qualitative Mängel etc.), oder es hat sich bloß noch keiner gefunden, der diesen Artikel erstellt. Außerdem ist es möglich, daß der Artikel einfach nur falsch verlinkt wurde. Gruß --Schniggendiller (talk) 20:17, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
I can't create a request
Hello Dear Wikipedian,
I trying to write a request but system block me and showing vandalism alarm. that is my second request in one day. is the cause of it?
Sorry, my first request open in wrong place because I used this page =Meta:Requests for comment.
- Done I have moved the page. New users don't get the right to move in most wikis until they attain the autoconfirmed status. — billinghurst sDrewth 10:49, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello, Thank you so much but request doesn't categorizing in request page? Sorry I really don't understand this codes? I open the request in Persian-wiki and they said you must going to Meta-wiki. page must be in Category: Requests for comments (open) or Requests for comment page.