stewards' noticeboard. This message board is for discussing issues on Wikimedia projects that are related to steward work. Please post your messages at the bottom of the page and do not forget to sign it. Thank you.
Welcome to the |
Request for revising of admin rights and getting unblocked
I hereby want to ask for a way I can get unblocked on .bs Wikipedia project. [I did send this to arbcom and was redirected here as they work only within English Wikipedia.]
I was blocked indefinitely there by an administrator who has user name C3r4 on December 23, 2015 with reason: "Incorrect information" (Bosnian: "Netačne informacije").
However, I consider this a big misuse of administrator privileges and an abuse of admin rights to personally disable an user that C3r4 doesn’t share same opinion with.
Block happened after I changed page "Konvertibilna marka" (https://bs.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Konvertibilna_marka&type=revision&diff=2675350&oldid=2600140), inputting some references and expanding an article a bit.
NOTE: Same changes I made to English Wikipedia article "Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark" and I my edit was not reverted and I was not obviously blocked (indefinite block for such edit would be ridiculous).
So, I consider this edit cannot be reason for indefinite block by any means.
Hope you can help me because I cannot edit my talk page, my user page, e-mail messaging is blocked etc.
I guess you can talk to administrator C3r4 or check his contributions around time he blocked me (and other as well), and my contributions too.
- Previously, when I started editing .bs Wikipedia and Wikipedia generally, I’ve translated English Wikipedia article "Bosniaks" to Bosnian language, and after insisting on keeping that translation in article "Bošnjaci" – C3r4 blocked me. That is telling you there’s something wrong on .bs Wikipedia because it’s impossible that English article couldn’t have been accepted to the extent of getting blocked several days later due to insisting on keeping that .en version...
- Previously, when I edited a TALK PAGE for article "Tomislavgrad" (https://bs.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Razgovor%3ATomislavgrad&type=revision&diff=2602626&oldid=1041937) to warn it has a wrong name because Bosnian spelling should be Tomislav-Grad by official Ortography (Senad Halilović), C3r4 reverted that edit (https://bs.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Razgovor:Tomislavgrad&diff=next&oldid=2602626) with comment "... hvala kralju, Allahimanet!!!" (English: ...thanks king, good bye [ironically]).
PS I am NOT a vandal (I edit .sr and .en project sometimes, and .hr as well, but due to nationalist users on .hr [problem around .hr is well known and has reached even to the J. Wales several years ago] I’ve been blocked there too last year, and several weeks ago I was blocked on .sr because of sending allegedly copyrighted images, even if many admins there have been completely opposed to giving me a 4 day block because I’m every-day-active user; please, DO NOT MAKE THESE AFFECT YOU while trying to help me with C3r4’s misuse of adminship on .bs).
I hope you can help. Please consider my case only and only related to .bs Wikipedia and C3r4 and my contributions only on .bs Wikipedia. Thank you in advance! --Obsuser (talk) 23:59, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
- Anybody? --Obsuser (talk) 09:17, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- Could someone check this? It has been over three months since posting original request. --Obsuser (talk) 19:07, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
Vandalism on Wikispecies
Hello, @OhanaUnited: @Dan Koehl: @Tommy Kronkvist: @Ajraddatz: Over on Wikispecies (where the community have banned me for no apparent reason), contributor @PeterR: has deleted this reference template which links to a very large number of articles! I created the reference template, and he has presumably deleted it because he dislikes me and/or objects to the name of the template (which is a dummy name that does not display on articles!) Nobody on WS seems to have noticed this act of vandalism, or else they don't care. Since I am blocked from even my own talk page, I cannot alert WS to the problem. Please can a steward see to it that the reference template gets undeleted? Petty acts of cyberbullying like this, against me, by PeterR and others at WS should not be let ruin WS for everybody. Thanks, Stephen Thorpe Stho002 (talk) 01:53, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
@PEarley (WMF): Some intervention really is required here. The WS project just isn't working if needlessly destructive deletions like this one, involving large numbers of articles, are perpetrated by, and then simply ignored by sysops - deletions motivated by hatred, to the disadvantage of the project. Stho002 (talk) 03:57, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- Hello @Stho002: and thank you for your heads up. The template you refer to is a duplicate of the template Lord & Leschen, 2014. I have "resurrected" the template created by you: it is now a redirect to the Lord & Leschen template. Best regards, Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 10:50, 17 June 2016 (UTC).