Talk:VVIT WikiConnect/WikiConference India 2020 Hyderabad: Co-hosting resolution
Dear Wikimedians of VVIT WikiConnect, as you may have already been aware of the initial conversations around WikiConference India 2020 to be hosted in Hyderabad. I have a few updates regarding that; firstly, we have received great response from Wikimedians across the country, which includes 88 Wikimedians and 11 language communities. Now it is time for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Wikimedians to formally acknowledge these conversations and take responsibility of hosting the conference. In that regard, I have started a discussion on Telugu Wikipedia, which can be seen here.
Simultaneously, I am also starting a discussion here, for VVIT WikiConnect to co-host this conference, as the club has been quite active in this region and conducted many activities. So for that, I request interested Wikimedians to express their interest in organising this conference, stating along with their experience in organising activities, responsibilities held, and in what way they would like to be engaged in organising activities (online or offline).
In addition, under this section, I request a member of the club to explain the major activities they have conducted in the past, as an indicator to the club’s organising experience as a whole. Once there is consensus, one of you can pass a resolution to co-host and add a statement to the larger discussion on Telugu Wikipedia. KCVelaga (talk) 09:44, 26 October 2019 (UTC)
Individual member statements
- As a coordinator of my college’s Wiki-club VVIT WikiConnect, I have conducted two Wiki-awareness sessions to 100 odd people and three Wikidata sessions to around 70 students in my college in collaboration with three other club co-ordinators. In IMLD-ODD Wikidata Edit-a-thon 2018, I was one among the top 5 contributors. Along with User:SuswethaK, I organised a two day Telugu WWWW (Wiki Women for Women Wellbeing) edit-a-thon which witnessed 15 participants that created articles related to women health on Telugu Wikipedia, and we were also the coordinators for WWWW 2018 for Telugu Wikipedia. I have also led the dubbing project Wikipedia Tales into Telugu to make people aware and promote readership of Indic languages. I am also part of the local organising team for TTT 2019. With these experiences, I wanted to be a part of the local organising team of WikiConference India 2020. MNavya (talk) 09:05, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
It is really a great thing to co-host the WikiConference India 2020. Coming to me I am one of the active editors of VVIT WikiConnect. I have attended TTT 2019 and represented VVIT WikiConnect at Wikimedia Education SAARC Conference 2019. I have been elected as one of the coordinators of VVIT WikiConnect for the academic year 2019 2020. I am the lead coordinator during the odd semester. I am one of the trainers of Wikidata Training Program at VVIT which is three month long program. As a part of Indian Independence day Data thon 2019 I have organised a 24 hours data thon. In that data thon seven contributors among top 10 contributors are from VVIT WikiConnect. I along with the club have organised a Youth Strategy Salon on behalf of Wikipedia and Education user group on the theme Capacity Building at Guntur. Finally i would like to be a part of organising team to co host the conference. Naga sai sravanth (talk) 11:06, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- I have been contributing to Wikimedia and it's sister projects since two years as part of VVIT Wikiconnect. In 2018 I have served as a club coordinator where I have conducted Wiki awareness sessions to several people in my college. I have also conducted Wikidata workshops along with other club coordinators. User:MNavya and I organised a two day WWWW te editathon in 2018. User:Nivas10798 and I also lead as trainers for English Wikipedia to newbies at Mini TTT that took place in Hyderabad in July 2019. Apart from that I have also attended WTTT2018 and presented a session on Wikipedia in education and also been a part of local organising team for TTT 2019. Currently, I am working with CIS(A2K) as Project Tiger 2.0 coordinator. I strongly believe the club has the potential to take up the task of co-hosting the conference. I also feel extremely happy to see all the initial discussions to conduct a Wiki Conference in India in 2020 garner such a positive response from several Indic communities. Best wishes SuswethaK (talk) 14:59, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- I have been to contributing Wikimedia and sister projects from one year. I am one of the active editors of VVIT WikiConnect. I was elected as one of the coordinators of the year 2019 2020. I will be the lead coordinator for the even semester of the year. As a coordinator, I have organised wiki awareness sessions to the students in VVIT. I am one of the course guides for the Telugu Wikisource Training Program in VVIT. I was one among the top five contributors on Wikidata Indian Independence Day Data thon. I believe that the club has the potential to co-host the conference. And I would like to be a part of organising a team to co-host the conference. Asrija1 (talk) 15:41, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- I started contributing to Wikipedia and its sister projects from 2017. I mainly contribute to Wikidata and Wikipedia. I have been one of the club coordinators of VVIT WikiConnect club for the academic year 2018-19. During our term, we conducted many Wiki awareness sessions and Wikidata workshops for the members of the club. We have organized few onsite national events in our town. I have individually organised an onsite event for Hockey World Cup 2018 Edit-a-thon. I have also been a part of local organizing team for TTT2019. With all these prior experiences, I would like to extend my support in co-hosting this conference along with other fellow Wikimedians. Thank you! -Nivas10798 (talk) 16:10, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hello!!! Firstly, it feels really good to know that our club VVIT WikiConnect has got the oppurtunity to co-host WikiConference India 2020. I have been part of this club for 2 years and this is my 3rd year now. I've been contributing to Wikipedia and Wikidata. I'm one of the coordinators of this club for the academic year 2019-2020. I and Sumanth699 handle MediaWiki Training course in our college. I have conducted 2 online sessions and one 3-day offline workshop for this course. I have also attended Mini TTT Hyderabad. I with the other three coordinators have conducted awareness sessions in our college for over 100 people and I with Naga sai sravanth have also conducted awareness campaign. Over these 2 and half years I have seen a lot of well organised activities conducted by our club. With all this experience with the club and its activities I strongly believe that our club can do justice to this great oppurtunity. Thank you!! - I'm Irfan (talk) 18:34, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- Its been one and half year I started contributing to Wikipedia and its sister projects in different Indic languages and have my major contributions to Wikidata and Wikimedia Commons projects. I felt extremely happy to know that VVIT Wikiconnect club has got an oppurtunity to co-host the Wikiconference India 2020. I have been one of the active members of the VVIT Wikiconnect club during the first year and the activities conducted by the club made me participate in many Datathons, training programs and different competitions. I have been elected as one of the coordinators for the VVIT Wikiconnect club for the academic year 2019-20 and the odd semester of this term has been completed. In this course of time, I conducted two Wiki awareness sessions for 70 odd people along with other coordinators of the club. I have been the coordinator for ongoing Telugu Wikisource Training course for about 20 students which lasts for three months. I am one of the top contributors for the SVG translation campaign 2019 conducted on the eve of International Mother Language Day. I have attended the Train The Trainer 2019 program conducted at Vishakapatnam for which our past club coordinators has made remarkable work as the local organizing team for the event. I believe in VVIT Wikiconnect club's potential to co-host the Wikiconference India 2020 event with all my undergone experiences in this one and half year. I like to be the part of organizing team to co-host the Wikiconference India 2020 event. Thank you! - --Mekala Harika (talk) 14:26, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- I was the Founding lead coordinator of the club VVIT WikiConnect. Till date I have conducted a total of 3 Wikipedia Awareness sessions, 2 Wikidata Workshops, 1MediaWiki, 2 Photowalks. I along with User:Naga sai sravanth co organised 24hr Wikidata Data-thon during the Independence day 2019. I was one among the four coordinators who were the local organising team for TTT2019. I attended as a trainer for Mini TTT 2019 at Hyderabad during 6-7 July 2019. I along with User: I'm Irfan handle the MediaWiki course and with User:Nivas10798 handle the Photowalks. By using all these experiences I would like to be a part of organising team for WikiConference India 2020. Sumanth699 (talk) 16:59, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
We have been organising Awareness sessions, Edit-a-thons, Photowalks, Campaigns, Courses and other activities that are related to Wikipedia and its sister projects. By these activities we introduced students of our college into the Wikimedia movement. Some of our Activities in the year 2018 - 2019 are Wiki Advanced Training by Asaf Bartov is a two day advanced wiki-training, organised with the support of CIS-A2K, English Wikipedia Training course, a Photowalk during F1H2O GrandPrix of India. By using our experience we applied a bid for organising TTT2019 and we successfully organised the event at visakhapatnam. TTT2019 is a National event conducted by CIS-A2K where active wikimedians from all over the India are invited and Trained to take them to next level as Trainers. Our Coordinators were the Local Organisers of this event, this event gave us an experience of organising a national event and also collaboration with Wikimedians from all over India. In the Current Academic Year 2019 - 2020 we divided our activities into two semesters. Our coordinators also went as trainers for the Mini TTT2019 at Hyderabad. The first Semester from June 2019 to October 2019 we conducted courses related to Wikidata, teWikisource, MediaWiki and a Photowalk, more information about these can be seen here. On the mark of 73rd Independence Day a 24-hour datathon was conducted on 17-18 August 2019. By using all these experiences we are willing to co-host the WikiConference India 2020. Sumanth699 (talk) 17:34, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
With all these prior experiences of the club members, including organising various kinds of Wikimedia activities such as edit-a-thons, meetups, regional level events, cross-community collaborations such as TTT 2019 and Mini-TTT 2019, we as club, have taken a resolution to co-host WikiConference India 2020, along with the Telugu Wikimedia community, and the larger Wikimedians of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. We believe that our experience will add value to the conference, and we will also have great learning from this initiative. MNavya (talk) 11:01, 1 November 2019 (UTC)