Talk:Wikicite/grant/Ghana Histo Cita-thon
@NanaYawBotar:, Thank you very much for this proposal! I have a few questions for you:
- The spreadsheet for the 'COVID Risk assessment' is currently "locked" from other people to be able to read it. Can you please change the permissions of that document to allow "anyone with the link" to be able to see it?
- User:DaSupremo - I see that you are listed as one of the participants of this proposal. You also have an e-scholarship proposal at Wikicite/e-scholarship/DaSupremo which has a very similar topic to this proposal. If these two grants are 'related' to each other - I encourage you to "merge" them together. You could withdraw the e-scholarship proposal and put all of the activities, and costs, associated with that proposal inside this one. That would also simplify the bureaucracy for you and for the Wikimedia Foundation - rather than having to make contracts and reports and bank-transfers for two grants, you can do it for one.
- I see that the total amount of money requested is $1350. The total value of the e-scholarship proposal for User:DaSupremo (mentioned in the previous comment) is $285 (which is 75% of the 'meals and incidentals' rate for Accra x 4 days. (Listed here). Combined that is $1635. As per the WikiCite Grants criteria the minimum size of the grants is $2,000. Therefore, your proposal - even if you merge the e-scholarship into this one - is still "underneath" the miminium criteria for this grant type. You CAN still apply, but you should indicate in your proposal that you are aware of this and are asking for an exemption. Or alternatively you could increase the size and scope of this proposal, and request a larger grant. I encourage you to do the latter - this is a project idea with a good scope, and a clearly defined need. LWyatt (WMF) (talk) 15:06, 23 September 2020 (UTC)
Hello @LWyatt (WMF): thank you for your feedback.
- I have granted access to the spreadsheet, it is now accessible to "anyone with the link"
- I have had discussion with User:DaSupremo, he will withdraw his e-scholarship proposal.
- we will be reviewing the project(size, scope and budget). (NanaYawBotar (talk) 10:58, 24 September 2020 (UTC))
- Thank you NanaYawBotar. I confirm I can see the covid risk assessment spreadsheet now.
- User:DaSupremo, If you are withdrawing your e-scholarship, and merging it into this proposal - can you please edit this section of your proposal and change the template that says " :WikiCite/e-scholarship open " to say :WikiCite/e-scholarship closed " instead? This will remove the proposal from the 'open' category and put it in the 'closed' category - which is important for my tracking of the budgets etc. LWyatt (WMF) (talk) 11:06, 24 September 2020 (UTC)
Hi, @LWyatt (WMF): we have reviewed our project proposal. The number of days for the project have been increased and the training sessions will be streamed live for public view. These have necessitated the increase of the cost of internet data. The transportation cost have been added.(NanaYawBotar (talk) 17:47, 24 September 2020 (UTC))
- Thank you user:NanaYawBotar. I also see that User:DaSupremo has 'closed' the e-scholarship proposal (as I suggested above - thank you). I just want to make sure that you (User:DaSupremo) have included the cost of your time in this new budget. Please adjust this proposal again if needed. LWyatt (WMF) (talk) 14:09, 25 September 2020 (UTC)