Talk:Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections/2005/Candidates
See also Talk:Election Candidates 2004
Whether or not Mr.Klein is a pleasant fellow, can we please keep the Americans out of this project! Lets keep WIKI completely European. the things we don't want are political correctness, or Americans(often the two go together). 126.96.36.199 08:17, 11 July 2005
- I think you are out of order here, and this should be removed as vandalism. RaSten 08:26, 11 July 2005 (UTC)
I wonder why Arno posted the whole list of wikipedias he has a user page in - with just a couple of article edits mostly concerning Esperanto (probably, interwikis).--ACrush ++ 12:17, 16 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I think the better place you put this question is the page he propsed for this purpose. On my part, it is not weird if you have an account somewhere to let others know it for examination. --Aphaia | Translate Election | ++ 14:21, 16 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Of course not. The question was somewhat rhethoric and is more indended to be considered by any other guy who would be preparing to present himself. So what's the use of mentioning an account with 5 edits or even less? I was very much interested in what Arno did in Russian Wikipedia, which he also included in the list, but I was disappointed. Did he mean to say he constantly follows discussions in so many languages? Not likely. Nor is it likely that there are too many editors who would use esperanto for discussion language in a national project. Russian has up to five eo-speakers by now. And they predominantly use Russian.
- Only later I realised that there were three or four projects highlighted with bold fontweight. Those were noteworthy. Not the others.
- As for me, I wouldn't say I'm involved in English nor French nor Spanish nor Portuguese Wikipedia yet, 'coz I haven't contributed there - just arranged my own page and watchlist. I just read them. I am involved in ru: and meta. That's all. But that's just my humble opinion.--ACrush ++ 08:29, 17 Jun 2005 (UTC)
It would be handy if somebody made a page where we could ask questions of the candidates at large, rather than being directed to individual candidate pages. For example, I asked each of them about conflicts of interest, and I'd be interested to see them all address licensing issues in a single place. 188.8.131.52 08:06, 29 Jun 2005 (UTC)