Twelve Apostles of Ireland Challenge/fr
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Many thanks to the Umepedia Challenge for seeting such a fine example and for their template, as well as to the Galicia 15-15 Challenge for reusing it.
- What: This is a public writing competition around the Twelve Apostles of Ireland, hoping to create and improve articles on as many articles as possible. The possibilities are one article on each of them, one on all the Twelve and one on their teacher, Finnian of Clonard. The list of articles, which must be updated every time one creates a new article, can be seen in the articles section.
- When: The challenge will run from 00:00 27 March until 23:59 5 May 2018 (UTC).
- How: The contest is simple in structure, based on a KISS point system: You get points while improving articles, with the goal for each participant to gain as many points as possible. Each new article is worth 5 points, each kilobyte added 1 point, there being additions to the promotion of articles to good or featured. Uploading pictures on Commons for saints who do not have any yet also renders 10 points. Detailed rules can be read on the full rules section.
- Who: Any Wikipedian with a named account (on any wiki) can help in any language to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles. To participate you just need to sign up on the points and participants section and start counting your own points.
- Why: The main objective of the challenge is to improve articles on this basal aspect of the rich Irish Christian tradition. The best scorers will receive a Wikipedia pin, special medals and blessed icons as rewards, and all others will get participation medals. Details on the prizes can be read on the full rules section.