I try to re-organize a few Tech News editions in this page to see if I could share them with other communities. That doesn't mean I would include every single item present in the original edition. I might drop a few of them. So, in case you would like to see all the news read the original version linked in the corresponding section titles. Let's see how it goes!
The typical categories that would be present are
- Triage meeting (Help the developers)
- Meeting for volunteer developers
- Sanity changes
Tech News: 2018-3
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community re-organized. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you.
- There is a new Discourse test support channel for Wikimedia developers. You can ask questions or answer others questions about MediaWiki and Wikimedia software development. 
- Last week's MediaWiki update was rolled back. This was because of a bug that changed non-ASCII characters when a page was edited. 
Triage Meeting (Help the developers)
These meetings allow you to tell the developers which bugs you think are the most important thus helping them in prioritising their tasks.
- Team: Editing
- Time: 16 January at 19:30 (UTC).
- Instructions: mw:Editing team/Weekly triage meetings.
Meetings for volunteer developers
These meetings allow you to ask for advice from more experienced people who could direct you in case you're stuck with something. Note: Beware of the XY problem.
- Medium: IRC.
- Time: 17 January at 16:00 (UTC).
- Instructions: mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting
- A few hundred wikis with less than ten high-priority errors in Linter categories will switch to use the Remex parsing library. This is to replace Tidy. It will happen on 31 January. Other wikis will be recommended to switch soon when they have fixed the errors that must be fixed. Tidy will be removed in the middle of 2018. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
18:46, 15 January 2018 (UTC)