User talk:Data traveler
- Greetings Data traveller,
The current proposed ISO code hye is invalid because it is already used to denote the Armenian language as a whole.
- Therefore if you wish to create a new Homshetsma Wikipedia language edition separate from that of the current Armenian Wikipedia, then you should apply for a new language code. The three-letter code must be one that has not already been taken here.
- The current Language proposal policy states that: "If there is no valid ISO-639 code, you must obtain one". The current organisation which sets the ISO-639 codes is SIL International.
- The formal process for submitting a request is described here: http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/submit_changes.asp
- If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me on my talk page. --Jose77 00:13, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
In the past projects like wp/pol and wp/lim (pl.wiki and li.wiki exist) have been deleted for they have no unique code. --OosWesThoesBes 18:19, 3 September 2010 (UTC)