- 1 Invitation to Organize Wikipedia Asian Month 2018
- 2 Commons deletion notification bot
- 3 SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project
- 4 Translation: VisualEditor newsletter October 2018
- 5 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 6 m:Requests for comment/about IP block exempt on kawiki
- 7 Community Wishlist Survey 2020 needs translations
- 8 WAM2019 welcomes your support!
Invitation to Organize Wikipedia Asian Month 2018
My name is Yu Lun, and I’m from the Wikipedia Asian Month International Team. It’s a great pleasure to meet you and see the effort you have put into the previous editions of WAM. Thank you! On a side note, have you received your postcard? If you have yet to receive the postcard, I can help you to check our records.
We are currently preparing the 2018 edition of the Wikipedia Asian Month and would like to check with you if you are still willing to organize the WAM on the Georgian Wikipedia? On behalf of the WAM team, I will be the liaison to Georgian Wikipedia this year. So if you have any questions, requests or ideas, feel free to contact me directly.
Meanwhile, as a WAM organizer, we will put you on this mailing list (https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wam-announce) that is exclusively for organizers only. We will keep emails from that list to a minimal. But feel free to let us know if you wish to not be subscribed. Here is a survey we would like you to fill in (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxUiT2RILnuOr3eacXzYwCgda6s2IcgRqSQZdYPy_GadWHxg/viewform?usp=sf_link). This survey will ensure that we will be able to better help you in WAM 2018. I’m looking forward to seeing you at this year’s event!
- Hello Yu Lun, Thank you for everything. I received my postcard about month ago. I want to organize WAM in Georgian Wikipedia this year too.--David1010 (talk) 06:46, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
Commons deletion notification bot
You are receiving this message because you supported the Commons deletion notification bot in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.
Commons deletion notification bot is ready to be deployed to any Wikimedia wiki that wishes to use it. If your community is interested in the bot, you can leave a request on the project page on meta-wiki. The bot messages are available for translation on translatewiki.net, as part of preparing the bot for release.
SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project
Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
18:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Community Wishlist Survey 2020 needs translations
I'm contacting you because you've already translated some messages for the Community Wishlist Survey. We need more translations for the 2020 edition, to create a survey that would serve as many users as we know.
The list below shows our needs by order of importance (most important first):
- The invitation sent to communities. It summarizes the process. We plan to distribute it soon on this year target wikis. The more translations we have, the better!
- The form for non-English speakers. Anyone should be able to add their wish, no matter which language they speak. Translating this short form is very important to encourage diversity and equity.
- The survey itself, where the entire process is described.
- The preload form, that provides more context on existing wishes.
Some languages are already covered (maybe by you), but some messages have been updated, and there is always some room for reviewing and polishing messages.
Thank you in advance for your help! This survey can't be successful without your assistance. :)
Trizek (WMF), 14:43, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
WAM2019 welcomes your support!
Thank you for joining us as a Wikipedia community organizer. We would appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.
You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.