Sysop request on bangla wikibooks
Ragib, as long as a community does not exist, we cannot grant a permanent sysop status to anyone. How about a temporary sysophood (one month?), in order to fix the MediaWiki intefrace? --Paginazero 09:36, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
- Temporary sysop definitely works for me. I just want to translate the interface right now. Thanks. --Ragib 19:16, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
- Temporary sysophood valid until May 31st. Thank you for the localization work. :o) --Paginazero 08:43, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
Hello Ragib. Your temporary adminship expires today. If you need other time, please leave a request on the Request for permissions page. Thank you again for the localization work that you have done. --Paginazero 08:00, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
- Hello again, Ragib. Your can access again bn.wikibooks as administrator. This temporary adminship will end at the end of June.
- If the community of users of bn.wikibooks can start a regular vote and support you, your adminship can be made permanent. Bye. --Paginazero 21:49, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Ragib, the temporary adminship expired yesterday. Do you need more time, or can I de-activate your admin flag? Bye. --Paginazero 09:53, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for the localization work done up to now. I hope soon bn.wikibooks' community will grow enough to choose you as permanent administrator. Bye. --Paginazero 11:56, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
Search for Global Renamers
Hello. Sorry in advance if I am bothering you. I am here to inform you about a possibilty on meta. After the SUL finalization there is a search for additional Global_renamers (GR).
As I did with other users with knowledge of less "common" languages, I am contacting you because at the moment in Global_renamers#Users_with_global_rename_access and Stewards#List_of_current_stewards, if I correctly remember, only one (NahidSultan) is bg>3. 200 milions people in the world speak Bengali, I think that, with a long-term perspective, having only one GR who is bg-N is probably not enough.
Now, you are a local Bureaucrat on bnwiki and you are sysops also on enwiki. You know two languages and you can deal with user-related issues. We have accepted in the past months candidates with much lower cross-wiki activity or language skills than you, so you probably have good chances.
Please notice that I am not an expert user on meta nor a local bureaucrat or sysop, I just care about the "variety" of the meta environment and I though that it was useful to inform some users of the opportunity. If you know yourself some profile who might be interested, please let him/her know about this "opportunity".
If you think you won't be very active in the next months or you are simply not interested, no problem. In case you want to apply, I suggest you to translate the pages Global_rename_policy and Global_renamer into Bengali.
Thank you for your attention and have a nice wiki.--Alexmar983 (talk) 16:57, 19 September 2015 (UTC)