User talk:Snowolf/How to globally Twinkle
- It should be "Twinkle", not "TWINKLE", right? PiRSquared17 (talk) 13:53, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
Simpler process for just one other project?
- Yes. Snowolf How can I help? 19:23, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, that will work. If you only want to use it on one wiki, you might as well just copy the stuff in your global.js to common.js on that wiki, though. I'm not even sure the Azatoth bit at the top is needed. @Irn: If that wiki is enwiki or eswiki, you'll be better off with their local versions of Twinkle. Both are under "Gadgets" in preferences.PiRSquared17 (talk) 19:28, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
- To use localized version on enwiki, should I add
(mw.config.get("wgDBname") !== "enwiki"), so that it won't interfere (duplicate Twinkle).
Does this even work anymore?
- Not for me, I just tried. :( — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 00:38, 15 August 2019 (UTC)
- PiRSquared17 and Jeff G., didn't work for me either, and I think I might know why. The morebits.js page was woefully out of date, so it got blanked in approx. 2018 on enwp, and there have been numerous other changes to Twinkle's backend code as well recently. I'm gonna try to take a crack at retooling the current codebase for Twinkle so it better suits SWMT's needs. Of course, I'd love it if we finally got global gadgets, but wishful thinking at this point. *sigh* OhKayeSierra (talk) 06:58, 15 February 2020 (UTC)