Grant to review
You said that you were interested in programs for LGBT+ history. I am signalling this request for Wikimedia Foundation funds to you as it came to me - I know very little about this. I am writing to ask if you can evaluate this and comment on it. Here is some guidance -
- There is very little published guidance and documentation to be found to teach anyone how to review funding requests. Look if you like but there is no good source.
- The Wikimedia community is highly influential in determining what gets funded
- If you have something nice to say, say it on the front page. Perhaps avoid saying anything negative, even on the talk page. Feel free to probe for preparedness and organization on the talk page to let their response speak for itself. Any interaction is helpful.
- The WMF is ready to fund LGBT+ projects internationally with significant money. What is uncertain is how to balance dispensing this with volunteers. Part of the solution is getting a certain number of people like you to spend ~10 hours a year to check for obvious problems with proposals and okay the obvious ones that can succeed.
WikiConference North America 2020 registration
Thank you for signing up to attend WikiConference North America 2020! If you haven't already, it would be much appreciated if you could also take a minute to register through our form at register.wcna.wiki. While not required, this will help us keep you informed via email, and will also help give us an idea of attendance numbers over the next three days. Thank you, ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs 19:07, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
The Wikimedia LGBTQ+ User Group is holding online working days in May. If you’re an active Wikimedian, editing on LGBTQ+ issues or if you identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, come help us set goals, develop our organisation and structures, consider how to respond to issues faced by Queer editors, and plan for the next 12 months.
We will be meeting online for 3 half-days, 14–16 May at 1400–1730 UTC. While our working language is English, we are looking to accommodate users who would prefer to participate in other languages, including translation facilities.
Invitation for WikiConference North America 2021
Thank you for signing up for last year's WikiConference North America 2020! I'd like to invite you to this year's WikiConference North America 2021, taking place online and free, October 8-10.
- Registration is open and takes just a few minutes!
- Program submissions are also open through the end of the month, though they are being reviewed on a rolling basis—so the sooner you submit, the better! We are accepting presentations, workshops, round tables, or any other type of session format you can think of.
Queering Wikipedia 2022 Announcement
Wikimedia LGBT+ and the organizing team of Queering Wikipedia is holding a Queering Wikipedia 2022 Meeting for LGBT+ Wikimedians and allies. The program will start with an informative, social and cultural activity on Friday 21st October at 18h UTC and working sessions on Saturday 22nd from 14h until 18h with an informal follow-up.
If you have been an active Wikimedian, contributing on LGBT+ topics, supporting LGBT+ activities or if you identify as part of the larger LGBT+ community and allies in Wikimedia, please come help us build our network of LGBT+ Wikimedians, set goals and develop our organization.
We will be meeting online, but encourage you to join in person with fellow Wikimedians if easy and safe. Our working languages are English and Spanish.
Registration for this online event is free and is open until Friday 21st October at 21h UTC.
More information, and registration details, may be found on Meta https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/QW2022
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you were a member in 2022. As 2023 approaches it is time to renew. There are no associated costs for active participants. We are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!
|ReJoin Wiki Project Med Foundation|