WACN/Activities/The Billboards Initiative
WACN Part - 1: The Billboards Initiative will be engaging new readers to Maithili & Nepali Wikipedia through both offline and online platforms. Offline platform includes display of billboards around two different cities whereas online platform cover sharing the project via social media sites to raise Wikipedia awareness among Maithili and Nepali Communities. This project is focusing to promote two different languages of Wikipedia simultaneously in two different cities of Nepal.
What is our plan?
We will select the main places of two different cities, i.e. Janakpur and Biratnagar and install billboards (static/digital) there to raise Wikipedia awareness among the Maithili & Nepali Communities. In the meantime, we will also be sharing and spreading the project via social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Communities have been notified of our project by
- Message on maiwiki village pump
- Message on newiki village pump
- Mass message(s) on-wiki
- Bulk sms
- Message(s) on social media(s)
- E-mail(s) etc.
What is our post-promotion plan?
We will be sharing the entire project via different social media platforms. We will closely follow-up interested people through social media(s), group chat(s), hangouts and e-mail(s). Also, we will organize the meetup with the team member(s) and involved volunteer(s) at the end. We will discuss on: what worked well, what didn't worked well, and what would we do differently next time.
Coordinator — Tulsi Bhagat (talk · contribs)
Adviser — Biplab Anand (talk · contribs)
Management Head — Bijay chaurasia (talk · contribs)
Communication Head — Sandeep Raut (talk · contribs)
Organizational Partner — PANKAJ DEO (talk · contribs)
Researcher — Sanjog.dev (talk · contribs)
- Increment in pageviews/siteviews of Wikipedia
- Media coverage(s)
- Reach on Social Media(s)
Here is a rough schedule of Billboards Initiative. This is subject to change.
- April 01 - June 01, 2019: Project date
- April 01 - July 01, 2019: Promotion on Social Media
- April 01 - April 25, 2019: Membership phase; People who want to join WACN will submit an application.
- April 15 - April 20, 2019: Board Designing
- April 21 - April 30, 2019: Printing of static billboards
- May 01 - May 20, 2019: Installation of static & digital billboards
- May 20 - May 25, 2019: Media coverage(s)
- May 25 - May 31, 2019: Follow-up interested participants
- June 01 - June 05, 2019: Meetup(s)
- June 05 - June 25, 2019: Preparation of report
- E-mail ID(s)
- Social Media(s)
- New Readers: The New Readers program focuses on understanding and serving potential Wikimedia readers in countries where access to the internet is quickly growing.
- Grant approved by Wikimedia Foundation.
- The Calendar Initiative: It will be distributing Wiki-informative Calendars to the students of different universities and professionals.