WikiArabia 2019/Program/Why Wikidata should be a priority for the Arabic Wikimedia communities
- Submission no. مداخلة رقم
- Title of the submission عنوان المداخلة
Why Wikidata should be a priority for the Arabic Wikimedia communities
- Author(s) of the submission صاحب المداخلة
- Username اسم المستخدم
- E-mail address البريد الإلكتروني
- Country of origin بلد الأصلي
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc. .الانتماء، إن كان (مجموعة، مؤسسة الخ
- Type of session نوع الجلسة
- Language of session لغة الجلسة
- Length of session مدة الجلسة
- Theme of presentation موضوع الجلسة
- Abstract ملخص
Search Engines on the internet like Google are currently studying future scenarios in which they can give tailor-made answers to the internet user queries. In this case, a definition given to a five year old will be different from the same subject definition given to a university professor who wants to get more information for their research.
Content platforms on the internet, including Wikipedia, will never be quite ready to support that plan. But the plan is ongoing and content creators around the world are doing their best in order to participate in the knowledge sharing industry of the future.
Wikidata is like a factory of brick. Brick can be used to build different buildings of different shapes and different purposes using the same unit coming in one shape.
The world of knowledge sharing is changing and we have the decision whether to have our share of Arabic content and free knowledge included or not.
Our session will be divided between an intro, what Wikidata is, why is it important and some basics on how to participate in the free knowledge sharing process that can help in the future.
- What will attendees take away from this session? ماذا سيستفيد الحضور من هذه الجلسة؟
- Attendees get a good idea about the future of internet queries and knowledge sharing role in that process.
- Attendees get a better idea about the Wikimedia movement and the role it plays in free knowledge sharing the enriching the free digital Arabic content.
- Attendees get an introduction about Wikidata as a free knowledge base and why is it important.
- Attendees get a basic idea about the editing policies for the project and try their hands at some simple editing tasks.
- Will you attend WikiArabia if your submission is not accepted? هل ستحضر لويكي عربية إذا لم يتم قبول مداخلتك؟
Depends on the scholarship
- Special requests طلبات خاصة
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? هل هذا الطلب مسودة أم نهائي؟
Interested attendees مهتمون بالحضور
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.
إذا كنت مهتمًا بحضور هذه الجلسة، فرجاءا قم بإضافة اسم المستخدم أدناه. سيساعد هذا المراجعين على تحديد ما هي الجلسات ذات الاهتمام الكبير
- Frimelle (talk) 17:31, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
- --مصعب (talk) 19:53, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
- Mounir Touzri (talk) 19:57, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
- --Saintfevrier (talk) 00:59, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- --Hady Elsahar (talk) 21:46, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- --Dew (talk) 20:39, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- --Azniv Stepanian (WMAM) (talk) 18:48, 30 November 2018 (UTC)