- Priority to-do: Establish lists of prioritized articles.
WikiProject ESD / Wikipedia
The ESD Translation Project – aims to bring high quality, easy to understand information on topics related to Education for Sustainable Development into as many languages as we can.
We aim to translate content where it is needed the most − and are currently working on (but not limited to) articles in: Biodiversity, Climate Change Education, Disaster Risk Reduction, Cultural Diversity, Poverty Reduction, Gender Equality, Health Promotion, Sustainable Lifestyles, Peace and Human Security, Water, Sustainable Urbanisation.
Her er der nogle måder du kan hjælpe på!
- Community organization
- We need involved Wikipedians to engage the community on the different Wikipedias.
- Assessing content
- We need language knowledgeable Wikipedians (or not yet Wikipedians) who can indicate on our progress tables which articles should and should not be translated!
- We are always on the look-out for dedicated translators to work with our content, especially in smaller languages!
- Translated articles need to be integrated into local Wikipedias. This process is done manually, and needs to take into account older articles.
- Template installation
- For translations to be more useful templates and modules should be installed. We need people with the technical know-how who can help out!
- Several of our processes are in need of simplification and many could occur automatically with bots.
- Writing content for the translation project
- Writing for translations may be slightly different from writing other articles on Wikipedia.
- If you are interested in improving articles prior to translation simply create a Wikipedia account and start editing.
Wikipedia is the most used knowledge resource on the Internet − both by unique visitors and by pageviews. For all those interested in sustainable development this is an opportunity to help bring high quality information to the world.
In the beginning the effort is primarily concentrating on 30 top importance articles of global significance in each of the 11 topic areas defined by UNESCO. In the month of X these pages in English received a total of Y page views. A more in depth breakdown can be found at popular pages of the project.
|Article goal #||330|
|Language goal #|
|Translations needing integration|